Murder in the boondocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder in the boondocks.

A man murders his wife out in the country, and hides the body in some bushes.
    The next day, he gets a phone call from the police telling him that his wife has been murdered, and requesting that he come to the crime scene immediately.
    As soon as he appears, he is arrested for the murder.
    Why?

If he was not the ‘murderer’ how would he know where the murder scene was ?

Comment

When I murdered my first wife they called me into the station house because had they called me to a crime scene without first giving me my Miranda rights, face to face, they couldn't use the fact I showed up in court henceforth having no prima facia case.

Comment

BHR - Right again. Have a cigar.
        dewman - The cops read him his rights when they put the cuffs on.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          BHR - Right again. Have a cigar.
          dewman - The cops read him his rights when they put the cuffs on.
          Still unusable. That's entrapment plain and simple.

Comment

dewman - As I understand it, the Miranda warning must be given AFTER arrest.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...ngs-29930.html

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              dewman - As I understand it, the Miranda warning must be given AFTER arrest.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...ngs-29930.html
              My objection is based on this case. The officers tricked a man into implicating himself. Thats a no no. IMG_1560.PNG

Comment

dewman - I don't know about that.
                If they read him his rights, and he implicated himself in the crime in spite of the warning, it should be admissible.
                It is the FAILURE to read the suspect his rights that renders his admission inadmissible.
                On the entrapment issue, the acts of entrapment must take place BEFORE the crime is committed, because the police must take part in the crime, such as selling cocaine to the suspect, and then arresting him for possession.

Comment

I enjoy these back and forths more than the questions themselves. Always mind expanding.

Comment

dewman - Same here.
                    I know of one entrapment case where the NYPD sent a 20-year-old police officer into a tavern where he ordered a beer and was served.
                    The tavern owner pleaded entrapment, and was told that he was correct, but the defense was inapplicable because he was not being prosecuted for a crime.
                    His alcoholic beverage license was being suspended for X days for violation of the ABC rules.

Comment

You are correct 99, the Miranda Rights only come into the equation after a crime and a suspect has been placed in custody ! The 3 requirements that call for Miranda Rights are: Police questioning, Person is in Custody (person arrested), Questions Amount to Interrogation ! Also Miranda Rights only pertain to police questioning, not questions asked by other sources such as security guards !

Comment

There was a country and western song quite a few years back, I don't remember the name of the song or the singer (maybe Johnny Cash), but among the lyrics were the words "Well, they read me my rights..."
                        Country-western music. Real slice of life stuff.

Comment

How come he knows about the murder if he is not the murderer.

Comment

Flippant - The day after the murder, the husband receives a phone all from the police informing him of his wife's murder, and requesting that he come to the crime scene immediately.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget