X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Well, he did say "every denomination," and whether they're still being printed or not, they're still in circulation. Last I knew, anyway. Up until last year I occasionally helped out a relative with his liquor store and we'd see a $2 bill every so often.

Actually I just checked the Treasury Dept.'s website, and they are in fact still being produced! That's good to know. If all I have is a fifty the next time I buy $9.00 worth of stuff, I can rest assured the cashier can make change if he's out of ones.
    Yes, the $2 is still printed but seldom seen in the everyday commercial world.
    Most of the time, you will find them buried in bank teller drawers and other cash drawers and used as markers for stolen cash.
    The OTHER place you will find them in great abundance is horse race tracks.
    Two dollar bets are big, one dollar bills are a pain.
    Don't ask me how I know! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    Is the $2 bill currently being printed ? I have not seen one in over a coon’s age ! But I like Matt’s idea of asking the customer for a single and going from there. The $2 bill thing is too sneaky 99, I call foul ball on that one ! How about you Matt ?
    Well, he did say "every denomination," and whether they're still being printed or not, they're still in circulation. Last I knew, anyway. Up until last year I occasionally helped out a relative with his liquor store and we'd see a $2 bill every so often.

Actually I just checked the Treasury Dept.'s website, and they are in fact still being produced! That's good to know. If all I have is a fifty the next time I buy $9.00 worth of stuff, I can rest assured the cashier can make change if he's out of ones.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Is the $2 bill currently being printed ? I have not seen one in over a coon’s age ! But I like Matt’s idea of asking the customer for a single and going from there. The $2 bill thing is too sneaky 99, I call foul ball on that one ! How about you Matt ?

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Matt - By Jove, you've got it!
    But your other answers are creative and practical.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Ah, so $35 plus three two-dollar bills. We do tend to forget the two-dollar bill, don't we? I've only seen maybe four or five in my life.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Hint - Think $2 bill.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    You ask the customer if he has a one-dollar bill to go with the fifty, so you can give him back $40 in two twenties.

Or you dump the "take a penny, leave a penny" dish into the register and still give him the two twenties. That way your drawer will still be off at the end of the night, but only by less than a dollar, and no store manager I ever worked for had a problem with that.

I also never worked for a manager who didn't make sure you had plenty of extra ones and fives in the drawer.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    I have heard this someplace before, but since it was more than 10-12 minutes ago, I’ll be darned if I can remember the answer. So, I will pass it back to our former cashier for a update !

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    I'll leave this one for Richard. I worked several cashier jobs in my school days and that was enough.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    started a topic Cashier problem.

Cashier problem.

You are a cashier and owe a customer $41 change from a $50 bill.
    You have every denomination of paper currency in the drawer except $1 bills, and insufficient coins to make a dollar.
    How do you pay the customer $41 in cash?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Happy Thanksgiving !
    by bowhunter75richard
    Wishing all users on the site a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving ! How far will some of you be driving to spend this great family time with your families...
    11-25-2019, 01:39 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X