Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guessing Game.

Guesses are welcome, without limit.

A man lives on the 22nd floor of an apartment building..
    Every day when he returns home from work, he takes the elevator and gets off on the 16th floor.
    He then takes the stairs up to the 22nd floor.
    This is his daily routine unless another person is in the elevator or it is raining, in which case he gets off the elevator at the 22nd floor.
    Why?

He's a midget and can't reach any buttons above the one for the 16th floor. If it's raining out, he's carrying an umbrella and can use that. If there's someone else in the elevator, he can ask them to push the button.

(Yawn)

Comment

Matt takes the cigar again. Good work!
      That one usually takes a bunch of guesses.

Comment

I don't remember specifically hearing that one before, but for some reason, as soon as I read it, I thought of a guy in a wheelchair not being able to reach the buttons. But since there were also stairs involved, there couldn't be a wheelchair in the picture, so ....

Probably the scenario came to mind because we had trainings and inspections at work not long ago for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          I don't remember specifically hearing that one before, but for some reason, as soon as I read it, I thought of a guy in a wheelchair not being able to reach the buttons. But since there were also stairs involved, there couldn't be a wheelchair in the picture, so ....

Probably the scenario came to mind because we had trainings and inspections at work not long ago for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities guidelines.
          Edit: Funny that I mention that but used the word "midget." I should be ashamed.

Comment

I think they are called "little people" now.
            Snow White and the Seven Little People.

Comment

I think "little people" is more demeaning. "Midget" at least has a bit of character to it.

I've also spoken with many "Native Americans" who hate the term, preferring to be called by their specific tribe, or even preferring "Indian." I absolutely hate it when a writer says that a word is "a Native American word meaning ...." , considering that there were hundreds if not thousands of different "Native American" languages.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hotel guest.
                by 99explorer
                A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock on the door.
                She opens the door to find a man that she has never seen before.
                The...
                Today, 08:41 PM
              • Plane crash.
                by 99explorer
                A passenger plane crashes on the exact border between the U.S. and Canada.
                Where do they bury the survivors?
                Today, 03:16 PM
              • Animals on the ark.
                by 99explorer
                How many animals of each species did Moses take on the ark with him?
                Today, 02:08 PM
              • The college student puzzle..
                by 99explorer
                A student rides his scooter to the train station to go to college. His home in between two train stations.
                The first station is a mile from home,...
                Yesterday, 01:58 PM
              • Pieces of gold.
                by 99explorer
                Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                08-23-2019, 06:45 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X