Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    I remembered that rule because I was once thrown out trying to stretch a double into a triple.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    I'd forgotten about a hitter being credited with the base even if he's thrown out trying to take the next one. I think if I'd remembered that to begin with, I would have come pretty close to getting the whole thing.

I did see a hit batter just once, and I remember it was a Mets game in the 80s, but that's all I recall.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Okay, here's the deal. First two batters hit triples and are thrown out at home trying to score. Two outs.
    Third batter hits a double. Fourth batter also hits a double, but the lead runner holds up at third for some reason, maybe with a limp.
    Fifth batter hits an infield single, and the runners hold. Bases loaded.
    Sixth batter hits a line drive that touches one of the base-runners, making the third out, but by rule, is credited with a single.
    Matt was right about the hit base-runner. So rare, I've never seen it happen.
    Thanks for playing.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    I agree with Matt. With the number of runners and the allotted value of hits, unless there is a technical aspect outside of the info given, I can not see this as possible. The first two outs would need to be the triples, otherwise a runner would have scored ahead of them. With only one more out available, and following hit would score a run. But then I assume you would not ask the question if the scenario was not possible !

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Given the ridiculous inclusion of instant replay challenges nowadays, imagine how *&%$-ing long that half-inning would be!

Anyway, I'm thinking there would have to be some play(s) involving a runner crossing the plate but the run not counting. Given that number of baserunners and only the standard three outs.

I'm also thinking there might be a hit base-runner in there somewhere. There would have to be plays where a lot of things happen. In a batter-by-batter scenario, you get to three outs all too soon.
    Last edited by MattM37; 08-07-2019, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Matt - No, but if you can think of more than one, be my guest.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Are you sure there's only one possible way?

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    BHR - You are off to a good start with the two triples and two out. Now all you need is two doubles and two singles, and you have only one more out.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    I would imagine that the resulting complexities would be too involved to fit into the allotted space here to answer. There would need to be a man thrown out at the plate, but given he had rounded third in the first place, he would be given a triple. If this could happen twice in the same inning at some point in the inning.........? Also there would need to be a double play figured into the equation somewhere. But I really need to organize my sock drawer and do not have the time now to go further, sorry !

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    started a topic Baseball riddle time.

Baseball riddle time.

How can a team hit two triples, two doubles and two singles in an inning and fail to score a run?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget