Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virginia Beach shooting.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Virginia Beach shooting.

    As the FBI is searching for a motive, it would be nice to eliminate, or at least minimize, the publicity for these copy-cat shootings, without infringing on any First Amendment rights.
    Baseball game broadcasters voluntarily refrain from televising fans running out onto the field, and those stunts have now become a thing of the past.

  • #2
    Thus far, there has been very little mention of the shooter's name, which is a good thing.
    The focus of the news reports has been on the names and pictures of the victims.

    Comment


    • #3
      Unfortunately, that's a fantasy, it will never happen.

      Americans are fascinated with tragedy and the news media knows that bad news sells. Also, the anti-gun groups want as much information out as possible in order to force a political result from the deaths.

      The use of a suppressor was unusual. The Hearing Safety Act will probably never be passed.

      Comment


      • #4
        They listed the supressor along with the high cap magazine as "enhancements" that somehow contributed to the carnage. The very next clip is an interviewed person who said they all heard the gunfire from " ACROSS THE STREET" The responding police also cited the fact that as they arrived on scene they converged on the "SOUND OF GUNFIRE". The myth of the silencer needs to be highlighted and put into the context of fact.
        Also it appears to be a gun free zone where the victims were left to be harmless sheep to be slaughtered with no way to fight back.
        Rational discussion? Watch the California Dems at their convention and you tell me.

        Comment


        • #5
          I believe the shooter used two handguns, but had just one suppressor.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            I believe the shooter used two handguns, but had just one suppressor.
            Did not know that, but still, I stand by my comment

            Comment


            • #7
              Dewman - Your comments are well taken.
              I would like to know more about that also.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dewman View Post
                Did not know that, but still, I stand by my comment
                I agree with your comment and stand Dewman, however there will never be a rational discussion concerning guns in America. There is too much ignorance by the opposition concerning the issue. Their argument is strictly based on the fact that ONE more gun control law will be the answer to all gun related issues ! There is no middle ground between the two opposing sides, and with the slide towards liberalism (and socialism) in this country, that should scare the hell out of most of us. Our first amendment has been butchered by PC, and I see no reason to expect that the 2nd has any better chance to survive as it was originally intended and written !! The major problem is, and will remain, you can not fix stupid !
                Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 06-03-2019, 06:39 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Believe you are right bowhunterrichard. No one in Washington is listening. They're all too busy running to the microphones to hear themselves talk. Scrolled thru tv yesterday and on CNN they had 10 commentators at once. 10! All fighting to say to say a few words already said by someone else. Sadness.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And they Dewman, represent the squeaky wheel, and we all know what that gets ! The opposition may have many voices in their corner, but our corner still holds the 2A. But as I stated above, they will chip away on that, which will cause us our share of headaches, and I am feared, some losses to contend with. Those losses have already been put in the picture and further shootings hurt us dearly. The loss of life is a tremendous club to be beaten with and to contend with for we who hold gun rights paramount !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                      And they Dewman, represent the squeaky wheel, and we all know what that gets ! The opposition may have many voices in their corner, but our corner still holds the 2A. But as I stated above, they will chip away on that, which will cause us our share of headaches, and I am feared, some losses to contend with. Those losses have already been put in the picture and further shootings hurt us dearly. The loss of life is a tremendous club to be beaten with and to contend with for we who hold gun rights paramount !
                      The biggest problem for me personally manifested itself again yesterday. As a big lover of firearms and an NRA member I was asked, " what can be done?". I'll be honest, I have no clue. Why do people just kill people for the smallest of reasons? Or no reason at all? Why kill a stranger? You're not robbing, there is no gain for you. There is no good outcome for you. The only time in history the violent shedding of innocent blood did any good is met today with slobbering wild eyed rants of protest so I can't see any light at the end of this tunnel.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        These politicians calling for more gun control are not stupid, as many of us suppose.
                        They are reading the public opinion polls, and are just running to get ahead of the mob.
                        Let's face it. We have lost the battle of public opinion with our thick-headed defense of bump stocks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dewman View Post
                          The biggest problem for me personally manifested itself again yesterday. As a big lover of firearms and an NRA member I was asked, " what can be done?". I'll be honest, I have no clue. Why do people just kill people for the smallest of reasons? Or no reason at all? Why kill a stranger? You're not robbing, there is no gain for you. There is no good outcome for you. The only time in history the violent shedding of innocent blood did any good is met today with slobbering wild eyed rants of protest so I can't see any light at the end of this tunnel.
                          Dewman, there is no light at the end of the tunnel ! That is the factor that is so bad for gun rights, that and the truth that we have only the 2A in our defense. When people start throwing the deaths of innocent people into the equation, it is terribly hard to counter their words. And those words, combined with more shootings, are almost impossible to gain support in defense of our protector, the 2A ! In a country of 350,000,000 people, how in the world can we expect to control the happenings of a few ‘crazies’ that appear to be on the verge of destroying the rights of several other millions ? I, like yourself, have no idea as to how this situation can have any kind of a solution that can control or guarantee that there won’t be further actions that will bring loss of life, suffering and thus expanded demands for not only gun control, but even more drastic happenings. We need some very smart people on our side to help figure things out, or we are going to be over run through simple emotion !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Why are the liberals so damn stupid with guns.
                            Go after those people who misuse firearms.
                            Years ago, my younger brother had a good friend Bob who drank straight vodka.
                            Bob was dying in the hospital at 35 years of age. He wanted my brother to sneak vodka into the hospital.
                            My brother was a little upset seeing blood coming from his friend's mouth. Bob die and wasted his life.
                            DO YOU OUTLAW VODKA?
                            It was not the Vodka's fault. It was Bob's fault that he die so young.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think we should count our blessings that the shooter did not use an AR-15.

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                              Right Rail 1 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Right Rail 3 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X