No announcement yet.

Proposed NFL rule changes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend's ex girlfriend back in the late eighties, sang Crazy by Patsy Cline. She was fantastic and sang that song almost as good as Patsy. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
      When I lived in NYC, I attended a few hockey games in Madison Square Garden, and found that I could not see a score building up because of the many turnovers.
      Suddenly a shot was made and the fans cheered because a horn was sounded and a red light went on at the goal.
      I think scoring was mostly luck because the puck could just as easily have hit the goalie in the face mask as whiz past his ear.
      I would sooner watch a soccer game.
      Some players are very accurate even with a slapshot; at other times, it's basic policy to just send the puck toward the net when you don't have another option. As for skill, watch some of the passing plays, like sending a saucer-pass fifty feet over a defenseman's stick so it lands right on your teammate's stick -- or the way some players, while they're in front of the net, can deflect their teammate's 100-mph slapshot -- or the pinpoint accuracy of a top scorer's wrist-shot. But yes, it's like any sport: Those familiar with all the ins and outs, subtleties, or whatever the term, enjoy it, while those unfamiliar have a hard time getting used to the way it differs from the sports they do watch. I've converted a few non-hockey fans by taking them to games and making sure we had good seats. Just being able to see the damned puck makes a big difference to a lot of people.

Comment

[QUOTE=bowhunter75richard;n62906]
        Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
        I'd much rather talk hunting and fishing but don't mind the sports chatter -- but admittedly, mainly because I've got a burr under my saddle about a lot of things in pro sports these days, as most of my comments indicate. It's a hobby-horse of mine and it feels good to vent my spleen.

I would talk hockey all the time if there were any hockey fans around, but you're all just same-old, same-old mainstream American football fans. Yawn.

As you and I know Matt, there is no better sport than that of hockey. And those others of you who are looking for a fast, hard hitting game, one that is built on speed, athleticism, hand to eye coordination, fantastic maneuvering on a blade, and almost non-stop action, need to look no further than hockey !! I know you speak well of soccer Matt, but I will forgive a mistake now and then lol, and still talk with you about this great game. My Red Wings are a far cry from their years of dominating the NHL, but I will stick with them until their return up to the top of the ladder.
        Big loss for Detroit a couple months ago with the death of Ted Lindsay. He was one of the greats.

As a Rangers fan, I now know what it feels like to be on the bottom, though our rebuilding is looking good and the draft was very good to us. Detroit's got some promising youngsters, too. Two or three years and I bet our teams are contenders again.

Last edited by MattM37; 04-24-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

In defense of hockey, which I've played and love, let me say this regarding watching it on tv. It is an awful situation to view and broadcast. Unlike a football or basketball a puck is hard to see. Thus all the close ups. Unlike baseball, a puck follows no predictable path so it's hard for a camera to keep up with. This causes you to miss all the action going on. Hockey is made to be seen live where your eyes can follow all the action. And there is a hell of a lot of fast paced action. Like a human pinball game. See it live and you will see what hockey truly is. There is a reason those guys are sweat soaked thru and thru at the end. As for the karaoke, talk about getting off on a tangent. Think I'll sit that conversation out. Turkeys are gobbling and crappie still biting strong. GO BLUES!

Comment

Well, the NFL college draft started today in Nashville, and the Giants (one of my teams) selected Duke quarterback Daniel Jones with the 5th pick of the first round. It looks like Eli Manning's days are numbered.
            Veteran scout Gil Brandt thinks that Jones compares favorably with Eli's brother Peyton Manning. Wow!

Comment

Well, the NFL college draft started today in Nashville, and the Giants (one of my teams) selected Duke quarterback Daniel Jones with the 5th pick of the first round. It looks like Eli Manning's days are numbered.
              Veteran scout Gil Brandt thinks that Jones compares favorably with Eli's brother Peyton Manning. Wow!
              Hey 99, they are buzzing about the Giants number six pick for a Duke QB as being a big mistake. Defensive End Josh Allen from Kentucky was passed over. A QB would of been the better pick for the Giant's with their number seventeen pick. Turn on ESPN. What a blunder! 🤡🔫💥

Comment

C'mon 99. Did you ever hear a recruited quarterback NOT be compared to a young hall of famer? I've never heard any draftee called so-so but what the hell, he's better than nothing. 😊

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget