Proposed NFL rule changes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dewman View Post
    Wrong about hockey fans not being on here. Here are some of my daughter who is a Blues season ticket holder. Included are Star Wars night, grandbaby, and, hilariously, when she picked up an official Schwartz jersey and they misspelled his name
    Nice! The Blues are looking pretty good in the playoffs.

Comment

Matt, no thanks about living where it's that cold.

It's been more than 30 years since I last watched a hockey game. I did watch 3 high school baseball games last year. One of my nephews was pitching.

Comment

Everybody has different things they like to enjoy 😁. I like watching March Madness college basketball and pro/college football. Others like the National Hockey Leaque, then some like drinking at bars singing to music with the words missing. 🍺 πŸ™„

Comment

I do not hold such a good opinion of myself that I would get up and sing to show the world my shortcomings.

Comment

99, live a little. Don't be so afraid of what others may think of you. Enjoy life and live without remorse or regrets... Free advice from the PigHunter

Comment

My medical doctor told me drinking alcohol and beer is like putting poison into in your body.
              He said Its bad for your liver and other organs.
              I told Doc I was drinking all day Sunday last fall while tailgating at the Philadelphia Eagles game.
              Man, He didn't like hearing that.😑

Comment

At a friend's sweet-sixteen birthday party in high school, I not only did a Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run" karaoke (actually a full-on Bruce impersonation), but also sang "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin,'" just like Maverick did in Top Gun, only it sounded better.

This was at the local country club. My friend's family was pretty well off. My jacket and tie were hand-me-downs and I could dance about as well as most backwoods farmboys. But after I sang those songs, I was very popular with the ladies the rest of the party, including some good-looking moms. So yeah, 99, I second Pighunter's advice. Throw those fears aside and live a little.

Comment

I would not sing in front of strangers either.
                  Now, if I was getting paid like a famous rock star, I would do it in a heartbeat.
                  I would rather laugh at others looking like a fool. 🀣
                  Last edited by Gary Devine; 04-23-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I have a friend back in Texas who has a singing voice that sounds like Johnny Cash. R.I.P.
                    He will sing at house parties, but would never get up and sing at a karaoke bar.
                    I once heard it said of an ever-willing singer that if you didn't like his singing, you had to admire his nerve.
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 04-23-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      I have a friend back in Texas who has a singing voice that sounds like Johnny Cash. R.I.P.
                      He will sing at house parties, but would never get up and sing at a karaoke bar.
                      I once heard it said of an ever-willing singer that if you didn't like his singing, you had to admire his nerve.
                      I like singing Johnny Cash and Elvis songs but prefer to cover other artists. My friends and Pighuntress say I do pretty well with U2, Three Doors Down, and Neill Diamond as well as others.

Last summer I decided to try out a new bar having karaoke on a Wednesday night. I went alone and didn't know a soul there. My first song was 'Rainy Night In Georgia'. It went well enough but over half the other singers I thought were better than me. However, they kept choosing slow songs. So, for my second effort, I picked something to get the blood flowing, Radar Love'. Got a few good compliments on that one!

I've been in sales and have done a lot of public speaking. Believe it or not, I've taught Sunday School and done a little preaching too. I gave the graveside message at my mother's funeral. Now, that was hard to do. It doesn't bother me at all to get in front of people and that helps with karaoke...

Comment

Nowadays my only singing in public is when I walk around Walmart. For some reason I often find that the song is "Red Solo Cup." I get a lot of smiles from people.

Comment

[QUOTE=MattM37;n62884]I'd much rather talk hunting and fishing but don't mind the sports chatter -- but admittedly, mainly because I've got a burr under my saddle about a lot of things in pro sports these days, as most of my comments indicate. It's a hobby-horse of mine and it feels good to vent my spleen.

I would talk hockey all the time if there were any hockey fans around, but you're all just same-old, same-old mainstream American football fans. Yawn.

As you and I know Matt, there is no better sport than that of hockey. And those others of you who are looking for a fast, hard hitting game, one that is built on speed, athleticism, hand to eye coordination, fantastic maneuvering on a blade, and almost non-stop action, need to look no further than hockey !! I know you speak well of soccer Matt, but I will forgive a mistake now and then lol, and still talk with you about this great game. My Red Wings are a far cry from their years of dominating the NHL, but I will stick with them until their return up to the top of the ladder.
                          Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 04-23-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Double post, sorry !
                            Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 04-23-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              I like the idea of scoring changes that would keep the game competitive in the fourth quarter, so that the losing team does not have to overcome an eleven point deficit just to tie the game.
                              The onside kick does not help.
                              The game is fine the way it is ! Why gimmick it up with goofy rule changes ? I agree with Matt’s comments on the game, well said !

Comment

When I lived in NYC, I attended a few hockey games in Madison Square Garden, and found that I could not see a score building up because of the many turnovers.
                                Suddenly a shot was made and the fans cheered because a horn was sounded and a red light went on at the goal.
                                I think scoring was mostly luck because the puck could just as easily have hit the goalie in the face mask as whiz past his ear.
                                I would sooner watch a soccer game.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget