Proposed NFL rule changes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed NFL rule changes.

How do you feel about a three-point conversion, double forward passes and a point for the defense on an interception?

Makes no difference to me. I don't watch pro football.

Comment

Why stop there? How about two points for a sack, a point for a fumble recovery (two if you forced the fumble) -- and of course, equal deductions for the team that gives those plays up.

And all this while a panel of judges rates the cheerleaders on costumes, dance routines, and overall eye-candy value. The ratings get tacked on to each team's score at the end of the game. You could get blown out but your cheerleaders could still win the game for you. Think of all the interesting dynamics that would open up. (Would feminists love it or hate it? It's certainly empowerment, but still ....)

I'm almost not kidding. Most pro sports have become so ridiculous, on and off the field, there isn't much they could do to make them worse.

Comment

I like the idea of scoring changes that would keep the game competitive in the fourth quarter, so that the losing team does not have to overcome an eleven point deficit just to tie the game.
        The onside kick does not help.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          I like the idea of scoring changes that would keep the game competitive in the fourth quarter, so that the losing team does not have to overcome an eleven point deficit just to tie the game.
          The onside kick does not help.
          Interesting that decades passed without any changes needed to keep fans interested. It's all just about the almighty advertising money, and appealing to people who aren't really fans.

Comment

The quality of play is better now than it has ever been in my lifetime.
            The passes that are caught today would not have been attempted only ten years ago.

Comment

Hey 99, you are our new official Sports Czar for Outdoor Life. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘
              Most American men enjoy sports. The majority of women dislike Sports.
              I am looking forward to the NFL draft. ๐Ÿˆ
              Waiting to see what Oakland Raider coach Jon Gruden does with
              4 draft picks in the top 35 selections. Ex user Wam was a big Raider fan. โ˜ ๏ธ

Comment

WAM made a recent post at F&S.

As far as sports, notice that there are only two of you here really interested. Most serious and tough men I know don't care for team sports and would rather hunt or fish than watch someone playing a game.

Comment

PH - Your fragile masculinity is showing again.
                  Why don't you go out and shoot something?
                  Prove your manhood.

Comment

Gary - Gruden will be lucky to pick a wide receiver as good as Amari Cooper, traded to Dallas for their number one pick.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                      WAM made a recent post at F&S.

As far as sports, notice that there are only two of you here really interested. Most serious and tough men I know don't care for team sports and would rather hunt or fish than watch someone playing a game.
                      That's 'cause you're down there in the swamps and not up here with the North Country hockey fans.

Tough? You go out and work on the snow-machine with frozen fingers all morning, ice-fish in the 30-below wind chill all afternoon, go through half a case of 7-percent AC Canadian ale while you watch Hockey Night in Canada, then get up the next morning and cut wood and shovel snow all day.

Uh-yup, there's some tough hockey fans up here, don't you know. The fellas are pretty tough, too.
                      Last edited by MattM37; 04-18-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I remember when Alabama football threads and other threads related to Sports on F&S had twenty to thirty different users commenting.
                        Wam, Redfish, Santa, Treestand and many others are not around.
                        I Remember writing on an old thread that "most F&S user's own a black Lab dog and watch Alabama college football."
                        The few sports brow beaters๐Ÿ‘Š on these sites didn't help any either. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ—ฃ
                        Also the logo to ban the NFL and the players who didn't respect the flag during the anthem.
                        Last edited by Gary Devine; 04-18-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Sorry my mistake, to Boycott the NFL. I laughed at that profile logo but 99 posted an objection.
                          Some users didn't want to get bashed by the angry Sport Haters on these sites.

Comment

I'd much rather talk hunting and fishing but don't mind the sports chatter -- but admittedly, mainly because I've got a burr under my saddle about a lot of things in pro sports these days, as most of my comments indicate. It's a hobby-horse of mine and it feels good to vent my spleen.

I would talk hockey all the time if there were any hockey fans around, but you're all just same-old, same-old mainstream American football fans. Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                              I'd much rather talk hunting and fishing but don't mind the sports chatter -- but admittedly, mainly because I've got a burr under my saddle about a lot of things in pro sports these days, as most of my comments indicate. It's a hobby-horse of mine and it feels good to vent my spleen.

I would talk hockey all the time if there were any hockey fans around, but you're all just same-old, same-old mainstream American football fans. Yawn.
                              Wrong about hockey fans not being on here. Here are some of my daughter who is a Blues season ticket holder. Included are Star Wars night, grandbaby, and, hilariously, when she picked up an official Schwartz jersey and they misspelled his name

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget