Season / Regulation Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season / Regulation Changes

Does your state hold public meetings to get feedback about proposed changes to game and fish regulations or seasons? Do they put out press releases outlining the proposed changes and inviting the public to email or write with their opinions? Have you ever participated?

Yes. Missouri is very good about seeking public input. I've been to a couple public input meetings. Didn't have any questions and nothing to stand up and say so I listened to everybody else. Pretty tame, no whackjobs or irate people venting and spewing.

Comment

Nope, Alabama gives lip service to public opinion then does whatever they want. My big gripe is all the antler restrictions now on the WMA's. I bet most did not want that

Comment

Kansas has a board if commissioners that set seasons, bag limits, etc. They hold public meetings monthly and meeting minutes are posted on the department of wildlife, parks, and tourism's website. I have not participated to date, but, work allowing, would like to the next time a meeting is in my part of the state.

I have filled out email surveys conducted by the KDWPT and included my suggestions for season dates as well as the reason for suggesting those dates in the comments/suggestion box at the end of the survey. I'm not sure how much attention is given to the surveys though.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
          Kansas has a board if commissioners that set seasons, bag limits, etc. They hold public meetings monthly and meeting minutes are posted on the department of wildlife, parks, and tourism's website. I have not participated to date, but, work allowing, would like to the next time a meeting is in my part of the state.

I have filled out email surveys conducted by the KDWPT and included my suggestions for season dates as well as the reason for suggesting those dates in the comments/suggestion box at the end of the survey. I'm not sure how much attention is given to the surveys though.
          ​​​​​​
          Sounds like Kansas is a good bit ahead of Alabama. If, like you said, they actually give consumer feedback fair consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Sounds like Kansas is a good bit ahead of Alabama. If, like you said, they actually give consumer feedback fair consideration.
            That is a major problem Matt. If the State is only giving lip service asking for input from sportsperson, just to give a faise impression that they are listening to them, it is of no use. But, how is it to be learned if they are or not paying attention to the people ? It would be a very dishonest venture if they are not sincere !
            Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 03-22-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

New Jersey has public Fish and Game meetings, but the Animal Rights Activists have idiots there, speaking up at the microphone against hunting. They repeat themselves over and over again just to waste time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                New Jersey has public Fish and Game meetings, but the Animal Rights Activists have idiots there, speaking up at the microphone against hunting. They repeat themselves over and over again just to waste time.
                If it's specifically a fishing/hunting regulations issue, only licensed anglers or hunters should be admitted (or anyone whose in the system as a previous license-buyer). I can see it being open to the public if the question is whether a hunt should take place at all, i.e. with the bears -- that's just necessary for it to be done right, much as it makes it difficult for hunters. BUT, if these Animal Rights idiots are coming to regulations meetings, too -- that's ridiculous. We pay for what we get (not to mention, we foot most of the bill for any other outdoor-related activities, too).

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Who is in the photo?
                  by 99explorer
                  A man is looking at a picture of someone. His friend asks who it is.
                  The man replies, "Brothers and sisters I have none, but that man's father...
                  07-13-2019, 06:36 PM
                • Red white and blue.
                  by 99explorer
                  I find it ironic that the colors red, white and blue stand for freedom except when they are flashing behind you.
                  And I just read somewhere that...
                  07-06-2019, 01:39 PM
                • I see there's another new format change
                  by jcarlin
                  Maybe it'll come full circle and pick back up when it starts looking like a homey outdoors page of 10 years ago instead of every other place on the i...
                  06-19-2019, 11:02 AM
                • TV fishing shows
                  by MattM37
                  What are / were some fishing shows you like? I loved Jerry McInnis's "Fishin' Hole" when I was a teenager. Bill Dance was kind of goofy...
                  06-18-2019, 06:58 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X