Doule standard for NFL team owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doule standard for NFL team owners

New England Patriots team owner Bob Kraft has been offered a plea bargain deal after his arrest for consorting with ladies of the evening in Florida.
    Because many players have been suspended by the league for their off-the-field-conduct (substance abuse, violent encounters, shootings, wife beatings, children beatings, etc,) many fans want the league to hold the team owners to a strictly high standard of conduct off the field. I say no. What say you..

How severe are the players' suspensions? I don't follow the league very closely but it doesn't seem like the players suffer much, either. Even if they're getting multi-game suspensions, so what? The amount of money they make, how much do they care if they miss half a season? How much do they feel the punishment later -- when they're still glorified by the sports media, and even employed by sports media (Ray Lewis, for example)?

Again, though, I am not really informed about the situation. Are any of the players being suspended and fined commensurate to the crime? What's the ratio, crime to punishment?

Comment

Zeke Elliott's (Dallas, 2018) was for the first six games of the season for conduct detrimental to the league, including acts of violence insufficient to assure a conviction in a court of law, but sufficient in the league commissioner's office.
      I think a lot of young players would love to see their owners hung out to dry, just for spite.

Comment

I could care less what the league does to him. My only concern is that his courtroom punishment falls in line with the other offenders involved in the roundup that snared him. No special treatment either way.

Comment

Dewman - I'm fine with that, but no extra punishment doled out by the league to establish its purity of heart of the owners..
          The players should be held to a higher standard of conduct because of their role model responsibility.
          I just thought of one infraction where they should all be held to the same standard: gambling!

Comment

So the rich guy payed for some attention. No one was hurt, it should be a non-issue if human trafficking wasn't involved. Treat it like a traffic ticket and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              New England Patriots team owner Bob Kraft has been offered a plea bargain deal after his arrest for consorting with ladies of the evening in Florida.
              Because many players have been suspended by the league for their off-the-field-conduct (substance abuse, violent encounters, shootings, wife beatings, children beatings, etc,) many fans want the league to hold the team owners to a strictly high standard of conduct off the field. I say no. What say you..
              I think the ref who missed that interference call against the Saints in the Playoffs, should be fined and suspended before the Pats owner. That call had most NFL fans and news media fuming.😡

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post

I think the ref who missed that interference call against the Saints in the Playoffs, should be fined and suspended before the Pats owner. That call had most NFL fans and news media fuming.😡
                It was enough for me to stop watching the rest of the season, including the sports networks news shows. It was as bad a scenario as a game could have, just my 2 cents.

Comment

What is the reasoning behind not allowing video review for penalties, or plays that should have been penalties? Is there a referee's union or something that balked at that idea?

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                    It was enough for me to stop watching the rest of the season, including the sports networks news shows. It was as bad a scenario as a game could have, just my 2 cents.
                    Exactly Dewman, that issue in and of itself probably caused many football fans to lose interest in the game. If the game does not deserve the respect of integrity, it does not deserve the fans to support it. That was by far the worst scenario I have ever seen in regards to piss poor officiating with not even any attempt to correct it.

Comment

The sad part is that the league commissioner had several discretionary options to remedy the wrong, but he just shrugged it off.
                      Bad mistake.

Comment

What wrong? I see nothing wrong with what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                          What wrong? I see nothing wrong with what he did.
                          That PH, is because you are not a sports fan and thus have no interest or conern for the integrity of the game itself ! If fans do not have faith in the honesty of the officiating, they will quickly lose interest and confidence in all sports !

Comment

My bad, was referring to the owner caught paying for attention

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                              My bad, was referring to the owner caught paying for attention
                              I will tend to agree with you on that matter. Sorry I mixed up the two issues !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sisters.
                                by 99explorer
                                Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                                How...
                                Today, 09:32 AM
                              • Rice for sale.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                                He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                                He soon becomes...
                                08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
                              • Strangers meet.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                                They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                                No identification markers...
                                08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                              • OU football
                                by FirstBubba
                                Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                                The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                                08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
                              • True romance.
                                by 99explorer
                                A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                                The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                                08-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X