Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went out to a privately owned hunting ground of mine this evening and saw two awsome bucks, they had antlers already past the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kody
    replied
    In terms of peak of growth over the years, most bucks will have their best set of antlers in their fifth or sixth year.

Leave a comment:

• Louie
    replied
    Thanks Drop J and to everyone else, good luck this fall hope the best for all!

Leave a comment:

• dabeast31
    replied
    usally late august- early september

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    I'd say drop is right. In Colo. everything has stoped "growing" by end of July/first August. We are hunting Elk(bow) in the middle of August.
    I grew up in Arkansas and the deer there are "done" around this same time.

Leave a comment:

• www.dropjhook.com
    replied
    I think it differs from what part of the country your in. Last year I seen buck's fully grown around the first week of august. I didnt see none rubed untill the end of august. There is the rare thing that happens to deer when they become stage from injury or birth defect. Where they dont lose there antlers no more and even more rare is the stage what dont lose his horn & and keeps growing them threw his life. So that gives us over 90 days to scout our areas Happy hunting!

Leave a comment:

• I went out to a privately owned hunting ground of mine this evening and saw two awsome bucks, they had antlers already past the

I went out to a privately owned hunting ground of mine this evening and saw two awsome bucks, they had antlers already past the ears, when do the antlers stop growing?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget