Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    I think the team owners in the new league may be hopeful of a merger with the NFL if another expansion occurs.
    Jerry Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys franchise for $90 million plus another $50 million for the stadium.
    That franchise is now worth $5 billion.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Matt - Good observation that there is much much more to a sport than what it looks like from the stands or on TV.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    I hope you don’t take my attack on soccer as a personal affront, in as much as I did not know you were one that I was in a way condeming. It is the sport I do not like, not those who have the poor judgement to like it, lol ! I am sure there is more to the physical aspect of the game than I am aware of, but I am afraid my mind is made up to hate the game, sorry. But thanks for not jumping all over me for being so frank about my feelings and looking as though I do not have room to still appreciate those who are not going to change their minds to my way of thinking ! I almost feel obligated to delete my above post..........well, I did say almost !
    No worries, Richard. My skin's pretty thick, and besides, soccer players are used to it.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    I hope you don’t take my attack on soccer as a personal affront, in as much as I did not know you were one that I was in a way condeming. It is the sport I do not like, not those who have the poor judgement to like it, lol ! I am sure there is more to the physical aspect of the game than I am aware of, but I am afraid my mind is made up to hate the game, sorry. But thanks for not jumping all over me for being so frank about my feelings and looking as though I do not have room to still appreciate those who are not going to change their minds to my way of thinking ! I almost feel obligated to delete my above post..........well, I did say almost !

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

It is not the lack of coffee Matt, it is only your common sense that is talking. The NHL is the only true sport in America. It is rough, fast and a spectical of hand/eye coordination, not to even mention the ability to manuever on a blade. The worst sport of all after the NBA is without a doubt SOCCER, also known as pussy fussball ! I am surprised Rugby has not made a bigger draw in America. Can you imagine how long a soccer player would last ? Possibly until 2-3 minutes BEFORE the game only.
    Well, Richard, you're talking to a lifelong soccer player and HUGE fan of the World Cup and other international tournaments ... but I will confess that over the past couple of World Cups, I have gotten really sick and tired of the diving and faked injuries, just to get the call that the referee either called already or isn't stupid enough to be fooled by. For the record, soccer is pretty physical (or can be, if you choose to play it that way, which I always did ), and if you'd played, you'd know that there's much, much more to it that what it looks like from the stands or on TV. I surely don't blame anyone who has misimpressions, though; I know there's more to the sports I don't like, too.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Besides the NHL, pro sports have gone in the toilet, in my opinion. Can't stand watching the prancing egotists in the MLB. Can't stand the me-dancing thugs in the NFL. Never did care for the showboat NBA. (haven't had enough coffee yet this morning, I guess)
    It is not the lack of coffee Matt, it is only your common sense that is talking. The NHL is the only true sport in America. It is rough, fast and a spectical of hand/eye coordination, not to even mention the ability to manuever on a blade. The worst sport of all after the NBA is without a doubt SOCCER, also known as pussy fussball ! I am surprised Rugby has not made a bigger draw in America. Can you imagine how long a soccer player would last ? Possibly until 2-3 minutes BEFORE the game only.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    What are your thoughts on the formation of this new professional football league that plays in the spring of the year?
    It is called the Alliance of American Football (AAF).
    Many new rules: no kickoffs, no extra points after touchdown, no six-man blitzes, etc.
    It seems designed to relieve the withdrawal symptoms that follow the Super bowl.
    Besides the NHL, pro sports have gone in the toilet, in my opinion. Can't stand watching the prancing egotists in the MLB. Can't stand the me-dancing thugs in the NFL. Never did care for the showboat NBA. (haven't had enough coffee yet this morning, I guess)

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Football, as it has been played, will be gone anyway in a few years. It will be shut down because of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy when we get single payer, government run healthcare.

You better learn to like soccer.
    Last edited by PigHunter; 02-12-2019, 11:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    It will never make it !! I see nothing in it that will garner any more supportive interest than what is already presented through college and pro games. And you could also include Canadian pro football too. College football is still the optimum football spectical !

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I believe NFL football enjoys higher TV ratings than college football.
    The only real numbers I could find showed that in November, New England v. Green Bay had 23 million viewers, while Alabama v. Clemson drew 11.5 million viewers.
    (Yawn) It's a regional thing. Believe me, there's not much interest in the NFL in Alabama. It seems only imported Yankees ever follow a Pro team here. Granted, sometimes someone mentions the NFL but it's usually because of a former Alabama or Auburn player on the particular team. Ocassionly I hear someone mention the Saints but usually they are imports from Louisiana.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I believe NFL football enjoys higher TV ratings than college football.
    The only real numbers I could find showed that in November, New England v. Green Bay had 23 million viewers, while Alabama v. Clemson drew 11.5 million viewers.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    1.I wonder how long before everyone starts kneeling?
    2.If they don't bring Kaperlookatmelookatme in will they be boycotted?
    3.Withdrawl? Pro football is already 3 weeks too long. At least skip the bye week. The two teams left in the Commercial Bowl look like war survivors, which they kind of are I guess. Heard New England is renaming their team the New England PTSD's.
    4. Their exclusions you've stated above don't make the game better, in fact they work against them by taking out some of the few remaining chances at the "anything can happen" big play moments. It will be tennis without the rackets, boring and predictable. Why do you think college football is more popular?
    5. As always just my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Birmingham has a team. I couldn't care less. It won't succeed here because college football rules in Alabama.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    started a topic New spring football league.

New spring football league.

What are your thoughts on the formation of this new professional football league that plays in the spring of the year?
    It is called the Alliance of American Football (AAF).
    Many new rules: no kickoffs, no extra points after touchdown, no six-man blitzes, etc.
    It seems designed to relieve the withdrawal symptoms that follow the Super bowl.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X