The new change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new change

So everyone talking about it at FandS. So what do you OL members feel about it.

I am not one to accept change readily. The old system was easy to use, read and contact other users. I am somewhat at a loss as to the reasoning for the change in the first place ! I am not really technically minded and the present system was writen by those who are and thus I feel they went over some of our ability to understand the implementation. I find this site a little less complicated than F&S, will wait to see how things work out. What are your thoughts on the change ?

Comment

Ive been on a lot of forums so the change doesn't bother me at all. I was kinda of done with the older format. Didn't care for always seeing some of the post on the older one, now I have my own thread I can keep watching. Now we got P.M. which is a plus and notifications. Which makes it easier to view and watch our threads.

Comment

So far I like the change. But I do miss being top of the leader board :-)

Comment

Colour palette over here is much better. Font is way too small on both sites. Lots of glitches need to be fixed yet. Biggest seems to be the difference in what we see on screen if using a computer vs a smart phone. I like the private message option but I need to keep reminding myself that we have that option. It should help reduce a lot of clutter on the board.

I haven't seen Treestand or Devine since the transition. I expect there will be some casualties but many others will visit and stay now that they aren't assailed with pages full of unrelated political propaganda every time they open the site's front page.

Comment

In some respects I agree with you OHH, however there is no requirement for any user to read every post that is submitted. If there is an article that is of interest, then read it. We are all capable of determining what we are interested in, being it political, hunting or fishing, or any other type of posting. Politics govern everything we do, how can we have a closed mind then in that respect ? Some items that interst you may only be BS to another user ! Are we going to censor input or leave this an open forum ?

Comment

Bowhunter I have to agree with honk on the politic stuff. I put up with it for how many years now, I was done seeing it this year. Haven't even bother to check or log in here, or f and s for who knows how long. Then when I finally checked back in I saw the new change. Im not pointing fingers or bashing anyone but I was done with the site didn't even want to look at the page cause that's all I was seeing now I don't have to even see it if I don't want to. This new format should bring in new members and hopefully they will stay cause they only want to see what they want to not forced cause that's the only first things on the page.

Comment

Just a word or two more on this issue and then I will shut up !! Be careful of what you wish for concerning limiting input. I am a bowhunter, have very little if any use of guns, but I do on occasions read gun posts, although they are not my primary interest. WT being said, I do not say they do not have a right to be posted. I am very pro gun oriented and try to keep up on legislation that pertains to our rights of gun ownership, and that of course falls under the heading of guess what ? Politics. So censor things if you wish, but I feel it falls under the heading of a mistake. Now, I am done and those who wish to ding are able to !! I will not say another word on this subject.
                Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 01-06-2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

BHR - One of the nicer things about the new arrangement is that there is no provision for dings.
                  That may serve to reduce the hostility in some of our discussions by users who like to secretly ding perfectly sound comments just because they do not like the user posting the comment.

Comment

For many years just have been a casual reader of both F&S and OL. I agree that this was designed by and for tech savvy users. Like everything else, you need a new vocabulary to figure out how to find anything and a lot of trial and error getting where you want to go. For someone under 40, it's probably great but for us older users, not so much.

Comment

My thoughts also ! But the more I use the site, the easier it is becoming. But to be honest, I still prefer the simplicity of the older system. All aspects were much easier to navigate, replies to make and blood pressure lessening !!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X