Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the "invasion" of burmese pythons in Fla.(150,000/guess). Do you think there should be a season or a bounty on them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the "invasion" of burmese pythons in Fla.(150,000/guess). Do you think there should be a season or a bounty on them?

With the "invasion" of burmese pythons in Fla.(150,000/guess). Do you think there should be a season or a bounty on them?

i think that there should be a have a year season on them but you can only buy a certain number of tags

Comment

I was thinking more like coyote/hog season here in Ark. year round no limit. Bounty for ones over 10ft would be nice though.

Comment

Another question: Do Burmese pythons taste like alligator or rattlesnake? Just a thought. That might be worth going down there to get one to find out, or not, but fun to think about.

Comment

They aren't native to the U.S. so I say there should be something atleast.

Comment

To Bo: I don't know but i've seen people eating them on "food channel". So I'd say they're edible.
            Worse come to worse there's always boots,shoes,belts,hat bands,etc.

Comment

Big O, I know cobra can be eaten, just never thought about python, and I do need a new pair of boots...

Comment

I'll be ready to go when you are.
                Any thought's on weapon/ammo for them ?
                Personaly, .410 shotgun/slugs would work out good.
                Head shots to save skin/meat.

Comment

No bag limit, no closed season.

Comment

Originally posted by dabeast31 View Post
                    i think that there should be a have a year season on them but you can only buy a certain number of tags
                    LOL! They should be treated as you would feral hogs - no closed season, no limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Big O View Post
                      I was thinking more like coyote/hog season here in Ark. year round no limit. Bounty for ones over 10ft would be nice though.
                      Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Bo View Post
                        Another question: Do Burmese pythons taste like alligator or rattlesnake? Just a thought. That might be worth going down there to get one to find out, or not, but fun to think about.
                        “For some reason, the pythons that are coming out of here, they have mercury concentrations higher than mine waste, a mercury mine,” said Everglades superintendent Dan Kimball. “According to (USGS scientist Dave Krabbenhoft), they’ve never found anything that has this high of mercury levels that’s still alive. It is amazing.”
                        https://www.outsideonline.com/1794941/florida-officals-dont-eat-python-meat

Comment

“For some reason, the pythons that are coming out of here, they have mercury concentrations higher than mine waste, a mercury mine,” said Everglades superintendent Dan Kimball. “According to (USGS scientist Dave Krabbenhoft), they’ve never found anything that has this high of mercury levels that’s still alive. It is amazing.”

"We believe very strongly that if the snakes must be removed, it must be done humanely," says Lori Kettler, Deputy General Counsel for PETA. "Reptiles have a very slow metabolism. So a snake that is decapitated continues to experience pain up to an hour after decapitation."

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                            No bag limit, no closed season.
                            That's what I suggest too.

Comment

Originally posted by Big O View Post
                              I'll be ready to go when you are.
                              Any thought's on weapon/ammo for them ?
                              Personaly, .410 shotgun/slugs would work out good.
                              Head shots to save skin/meat.
                              You don't want to eat them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                                by fitch270
                                Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                                Yesterday, 05:55 PM
                              • Grips and stocks
                                by dewman
                                so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                                Yesterday, 08:55 AM
                              • Youth pheasant hike
                                by fitch270
                                Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                                09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                              • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                                by fitch270
                                Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                                09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                              • Unusual Sound
                                by jhjimbo
                                At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                                09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X