Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here knows something to kill ticks and keep them of

Who here knows something to kill ticks and keep them of

To kill them, burn them, and to keep off, deet, usually comes in a spray can.

Comment

permethrin(spelling) is supposed to work pretty good to keep them off of ya, you can also buy permethrin treated clothing or apply it yourself. Rolling your sleeves so the roll is inside also helps and not putting a roll in the end of your pants limits area where they may catch on clothing and go unnoticed. I usually try to wear light colors when i can and spray some bug spray around my ankles as well as the obvious places.

Comment

When I was in the Army we always tucked our pants into our boots. I still do this in the woods.

I have heard that you can put clear nail polish over a tick bite? Has any one else heard this?

Comment

I don't know about that, cause if the head gets broken off during removal you want to be able to get it out of there wouldn't ya. I've always been told to sterilize the site and keep it clean.

Comment

Nail polish has been used for chigger bites, For tick bites keep it clean, cover it with a dry sterile,(at least clean) dressing. If you have a tick bite, and experience any fever, nausea, rash or other symptoms, it is very important to see a doctor. Most tick borne illnesses are easily treated with antibiotics and can prevent serious complications.

Comment

if u have got the little red ones we cal turkey mites they can make life miserable, i tried everything then finally using sarges tick shampo for dogs i got some relief

Comment

to get a tick off i put vaseline or a thick gel on it because a tick breaths from its backside as it is working its way in believe it or not. The tick will actually work its way back out as it cannot breathe but it does take it a couple of minutes (not an old wives tale). DO NOT try to pull it off as the head will remain inside your skin. Deet works well to keep them off however depending on the type of clothing you are wearing they can and will get into the folds of your clothes so check that out as soon as you can.

Comment

burn them with a blown out match be quick though or the match will get cold. deet OFF THE BUG SPRAY 40% deet works well the cancer stuff is unlikley unless you eat it or something

Comment

i agree with paul we use vaseline on us and our animals it works quite well and deet works to keep them off

Comment

Soak clothes in Permethrin and use Deet.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                        by jhjimbo
                        If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                        10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                      • Pay it forward
                        by fitch270
                        I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                        10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                      • Reloading Gear Order
                        by fitch270
                        I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                        10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                      • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                        by dewman
                        Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                        10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                      • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                        by Ernie
                        Any handgun hunters here?
                        Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                        10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X