Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AS the guardiens of wildgame thru our eforts and money , does this give us the rigth to believe that the game is ours it's jus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS the guardiens of wildgame thru our eforts and money , does this give us the rigth to believe that the game is ours it's jus

AS the guardiens of wildgame thru our eforts and money , does this give us the rigth to believe that the game is ours it's just on someone elses property ?

Nicely said Bo, why can't all hunters be like us? I wouldn't ever trespass, treat one how you want to be treated is what i go by, if i had land i would think people would have enough respect to stay off my land unless i gave them permission to do so.

Comment

The only game that is "yours", as said above is the game that you take ethicly/legaly.
      It's easier to gain premission to hunt private than most people think. Trade some labor for acess, as I've done, and I even got premission to hunt by knocking on doors and giving a store bought pie !
      Took my first "speed goat"/pronghorn(doe)that way.
      I still send the family a christmas card every year.

Comment

It's only yours if you take it legally, don't tresspass it isn't worth it and it tresspassing fosters bad relations with people. Though here in the state of maine in one of the districts there's one guy in the IFnW that only stocks fish into waters taht have public access. Maybe this is something that needs to be instituted all over the country. And maybe wildlife and conservation funds should have preference to areas with public access. Something to think about.

Comment

I have permission to hunt some land up here in the mountains. I have called everybody who owns adjacent land to the land I hunt to try to get permission to hunt there as well. None of them were able to accommodate me but I did get permission to retrieve any wounded deer that ran onto their property and died. I think that is an important step. Maybe in the next few years I will be able to build up a relationship with them and get permission to hunt. BUT until then, I don't go over there unless I am tracking a wounded deer, Its that simple.

Comment

I give the couple that lets me hunt peppermint sticks at Christmas. They really seem to appreciate just that little gift.
            I tried very hard to do some labor for the fellow but he would not let me. He is probably in his late 60's and I know he could use some help but he refused to let me work, just because he didn't want to be paid back. I tell you what, there are just some good country folk in this country. I'm proud to be one of them.

Comment

Yeah it's definitely nice to see some decent people and landowners once in a while. Especially those old timers that point you in the right direction for scouting and hunting.

Comment

I believe that the deer are not "ours". I do not lay claim to the deer, because they are beautiful animals that i have the opportunity to harvest. When we start laying claim to the animals, that's when people get upset when an animal hopes a fence and gets harvested by another hunter. Once the deer is on the ground and you are standing over it with a huge smile, then it is yours!

Comment

Sounds like we pretty much agree on this.

Comment

Well put Nater7.

Comment

Nothing is worth losing you hunting rights!

Comment

One must always place a respect for private property owners rights and whether by barter or cash payment support the property owner willing to provide a good habitat for wildlife and access for hunters. Wise stewards shuld be compensated and hunters should not think themselves only there to harvest the result of time labor and management of game by public entior private landowners.

Comment

You all obviously are respectful and ethical hunters. I have one area here in B.C. that the older gentleman lets me hunt on his property. I have offered him a hind quarter for the priviledge but instead I hunt the odd coyote for him to help his cattle.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                            by jhjimbo
                            If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                            Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                          • Pay it forward
                            by fitch270
                            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                            10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                          • Reloading Gear Order
                            by fitch270
                            I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                            10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                          • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                            by dewman
                            Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                            10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                          • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                            by Ernie
                            Any handgun hunters here?
                            Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                            10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X