Keep informed on 'Social Media', it is not your friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep informed on 'Social Media', it is not your friend

Beware, Google and other 'social media' sites like Twitter and Facebook are trying to affect the outcome of the 2018 and 2020 Presidential Elections. They are not 'social', they have an agenda and they are pursuing it. These Companies are so big they may be able to influence the turn out and the VOTE.

Be careful what your use of these sites is and what your take-away is from the sites information. Keep in mind these sites know EVERYTHING about you and how to use that against you.

Also, Foreign Countries are making a pitch at influencing this Country and our Elections. Be careful what you TRUST for your information.

Consider this a public service announcement, non-political.

Nope, they don't know everything about me. My Facebook profile shows nothing I wish to keep secret. Now, Amazon is another story completely

Comment

I doubt social media can influence any but the weak-minded and perpetually undecided. These types are not very likely to actually take the trouble to vote, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
        I doubt social media can influence any but the weak-minded and perpetually undecided. These types are not very likely to actually take the trouble to vote, anyway.
        CRM I agree with you on one hand, but feel uneasy about the weak-minded part, they being the easiest to fear as they pay so little attention to facts and can be so easily pushed into certain directions. Never underestimate stupid !

Comment

Jimbo, I think your information regarding other countries possibly trying to influence our politics and it’s outcome is very correct. Several countries have lost some of their sweet advantages from our previous questionable leader, and now under Trump’s rule, they are very pissed and would do most anything to see changes ! They still think our president should look after them first. Maybe that is because they had grown used to that in the past.

Comment

Man, I'd love to agree with you. The thing is, you're wrong about the non-voting. Teens, the college-aged, and the under-30 set receive more pressure than anyone nowadays to register and vote, and they are exactly the people who live and breathe by social media. No disagreement here on your assessment of "weak-minded," but that doesn't matter anymore at election time.

Comment

Very true,MATTM37. Obozo was elected twice. However, conservative support is very strong down here. How is it in your part of the world?

Comment

Much stronger in New York State than elections would indicate, as much of the state's voting is rendered ineffectual by New York City and its immediate surroundings.

Comment

I think Trump's claim that Google is biased against him and siding with the Democrats is absurd. Because he is absurd. If the guy didn't make an embarrassing fool of himself every single day on the internet, the internet wouldn't be full of his foolishness. Does he think the media is supposed to ignore his childish ranting?

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                    I think Trump's claim that Google is biased against him and siding with the Democrats is absurd. Because he is absurd. If the guy didn't make an embarrassing fool of himself every single day on the internet, the internet wouldn't be full of his foolishness. Does he think the media is supposed to ignore his childish ranting?
                    We have heard these words from you before OH ! But since you think Canada is a better country, then just stay there and let us take care of ourselves, we do not need a baby sitter who abandoned his birth homeland to tell us what he thinks !!

Comment

Hey, I did my duty to my country ... which is more than can be said about Donald Trump! As one who also did his duty, it baffles me why you would climb aboard with that coward. I'll be "back home" to Montana again in a couple of weeks in time to vote for Jon Tester, one of Trump's favorite whipping boys ... who's been doing a great job. As long as I'm a US citizen, I have rights ... and an obligation to speak my mind about what's best for my country.

Comment

Now in 2020 will be elections and I want to ask if this will be advertised on Instagram. I have a really big page and I don't want people to think that I am political in my page. I don't want any advertisement on my page about elections and politics in general. Will the number of likes influence on the number of ads on my page? I am asking because I have used the service to get more Instagram likes to get more likes and more followers. I know what are you thinking at the moment but, I wanted to become big a little bit faster. I swear I have original content.
                        Last edited by Brandcalfe; 09-17-2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Hey, I did my duty to my country ... which is more than can be said about Donald Trump! As one who also did his duty, it baffles me why you would climb aboard with that coward. I'll be "back home" to Montana again in a couple of weeks in time to vote for Jon Tester, one of Trump's favorite whipping boys ... who's been doing a great job. As long as I'm a US citizen, I have rights ... and an obligation to speak my mind about what's best for my country.
                          Geeez, the Ghost of Honker...

Comment

Almost 2 years to the day and he's still on the same rant.

Noticed that since I've logged on again after months off, I'm back on the active users list. How's that, Rudy Glove?
                            Last edited by franchi20; 09-16-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
                              by dewman
                              Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
                              Today, 08:40 AM
                            • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
                              by dewman
                              Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
                              Today, 07:59 AM
                            • What is taking so long ?
                              by jhjimbo
                              Can't be that hard for the Administrator to 86 the spammers....
                              Yesterday, 07:52 PM
                            • Burn cream
                              by CD2
                              Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
                              No longer does.
                              Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
                              Bargain.

Got...
                              Yesterday, 05:39 PM
                            • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                              by dewman
                              So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                              09-20-2020, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X