No announcement yet.

Is there a reason for this..........??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a reason for this..........??

There has been a very noticeable decrease in participation on this site !! Is that a result of aggravation from the multitude of problems encountered in attempting to post or give comments, or just a lack of interest ? I have been fighting for days with slow appearance of typed items on the screen, sometimes words do not appear for several seconds and it is often impossible to get “replies” to show. Is there just maybe a better way to spend our time, and with less headaches ? This site is too capable of providing very good information by good people to be in jeopardy of loss of interest due to stupid management !!

Originally posted by PigHunter
    I'm commenting on most submittals. But haven't posted a question in a while. Will try to get a few in this week.

I've had no problems with the site
    You know Pighunter, that is another thing that amazes me, how some users have no problems and others pull their hair out because of them ! I spent almost 15 minutes just to get logged in to give this comment ! And another 5 minutes waiting for the typed words to be posted &%#”* '!!!! After all this BS, I am not so sure that gun control is not a bad idea , lol !

Comment

I'm commenting on most submittals. But haven't posted a question in a while. Will try to get a few in this week.

I posted how I get in. Basically come in through Facebook F&S. Go to an article and try to reply, and it will ask you to sign in again - I did and for the remainder of that secession I did not have one problem. I think it is a better server through FB , OR, and I am no techie, but maybe the server router for coming straight in is contaminated.
      Also, look around for a link to either site. In the Community section almost 600,000 people have 'liked' the page.

Comment

I guess nobody has a question, answer, problem, experience, interest, or pulse.

Comment

Outdoor Life needs to find their equivalent of David Petzal and Phil Bourjaily to help stimulate traffic over to their answer section. Personally, in Field &Stream I read David and Phil and while I am at it, check out the answer section.

Comment

No problems here.
            I thought Devine was supposed to "revive" this site?
            OL has always been slower than cold molasses.
            Not slow as in hard to type, slow as in, "where is everybody?".

Comment

Happy, unless you start writing a column for Outdoor Life, I don't believe F&S is going to get much competition from Outdoor Life.

Comment

Before they changed the layout of the sites Bonnier had fewer ads to many more visitors. Now, they have many more ads to many fewer visitors.
                The intensity of each ad on a visitor must be staggering, by this time First Bubba should already be driving his new Dodge Ram.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                  Before they changed the layout of the sites Bonnier had fewer ads to many more visitors. Now, they have many more ads to many fewer visitors.
                  The intensity of each ad on a visitor must be staggering, by this time First Bubba should already be driving his new Dodge Ram.
                  New Dodge Ram?
                  I wouldn't waste my money on a Dodge Ram newer than 2004 or 2005.
                  I have no desire for a diesel that requires DEF!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
                    Outdoor Life needs to find their equivalent of David Petzal and Phil Bourjaily to help stimulate traffic over to their answer section. Personally, in Field &Stream I read David and Phil and while I am at it, check out the answer section.
                    I believe they had them in Natalie, Jon Snow and Jared (JR) Sullivan. I think after Bonnier's last downsize Jared works for Men's Journal or something to that effect.

I think it's been about 2 months since Natalie has written an article

Comment

I don't have any issues. I appreciate that at least PH is responding to my threads.

Comment

Everyone's that died or left the site chime in so that we know not to expect you anymore.

(???)

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                          Everyone's that died or left the site chime in so that we know not to expect you anymore.

(???)
                          I like that response Buck, I am rather surprised it took someone so long to come up with ! I was also wondering how long some who are still here would put up with all that they must endure in order to continue doing so !! I don’t feel that the content of the posting is a factor, I think the recurring problems with the site is the issue. But then maybe some have more patience than others !

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                            No problems here.
                            I thought Devine was supposed to "revive" this site?
                            OL has always been slower than cold molasses.
                            Not slow as in hard to type, slow as in, "where is everybody?".
                            I guess if we need a scape goat for the problems encountered here, Devine is a very good one, lol ! Thanks Gary for taking the blame !! And also for your attempts to stir up activity. I know some were not too receptive of your attempts, but it got people talking and sharing thoughts and that is what the sites purpose is!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

(???)
                              I always wondered way F&S got more one star wonders than Outdoor Life.
                              Plus 4 Rich

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Beater .44 mag
                                by CD2
                                My dad got this rig way back. And he shot the crap out of it. 255gr cast about all it ever ran and medium hot. All the time.

I inherited...
                                Today, 11:42 AM
                              • Eatin ‘chuck
                                by dewman
                                Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
                                Yesterday, 07:19 PM
                              • Parallax adj
                                by CD2
                                Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • TriggerTech installed
                                by fitch270
                                First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                              • Aquila ammo test
                                by dewman
                                Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                08-05-2022, 05:11 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X