R.I.P. Bob Owens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Bob Owens

I can't even imagine what kind of demons would drive this man to do what he did.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/05/daniel-zimmerman/bob-owens-rip/

Bubba, he died by a self inflicted gun shot in May of last year 2017.
    I can never understand why people would end their life, unless they were living in non stop xscrewciating pain.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bob-owens-editor-2nd-amendment-blog-dead-self-inflicted-gun-n756946

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
      I can never understand why people would end their life, unless they were living in non stop xscrewciating pain.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bob-owens-editor-2nd-amendment-blog-dead-self-inflicted-gun-n756946
      That's why I said, "I can't even imagine what kind of demons would drive him to do what he did."
      How can he inflict that kind of pain on his children?
      ...much less his wife and relatives!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post

None of us might be able to give an answer in this matter, but then we do not know the circumstances involving it as none of us were living in his shoes. These situations happen and the real pain is shouldered by the family. May we all pray that our families never have to experience what many have already been through !!

Comment

Unfortunately, mental and emotional pain can be stronger than physical pain, and the gunshot could appear to be the easiest way out. I haven't ever gotten anywhere near that point, but I am aware that it exists.

Comment

My Lady friend's Father did the same when he was found out to have cancer, He had a very large Firearm collection, he went out behind the house with his lemon squeezer 38spl. and POP Note found: better dead in the woods then in bed.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
              by CD2
              Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
              08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
            • TriggerTech installed
              by fitch270
              First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
              08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
            • Aquila ammo test
              by dewman
              Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
              Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
              08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
            • Show and Tell
              by Amflyer
              Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
              08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
            • College Orientation News
              by fitch270
              Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
              07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X