Protection ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection ?

I bought a couple of 4X Tyvek all white coveralls for when I go into the heavy brush around camp. How do you think they will work for ticks and mosquitoes ? These are the same as worn by asbestos removers so they must not be too hot. Zipper front so easy to get into. $3.00 ea. Also thinking of camo for varmints when there is snow.

I dunno about the insects but as snow camo it could work. Please post pictures...
    Attached Files

Comment

I have used those tyvek coveralls for many different tasks at work and around the house. They should hold up pretty well. Heavy brush may tear them, though. We usually use them as splash protection against hazardous chemicals so there’s not a lot of snagging of material as we operate in open areas. They’ll help with ticks if you tape the ankle and wrist cuffs to keep the little buggers out. But they do not breathe well. A small slit at the top of the back will allow body heat to escape but that also allows bugs to get in, and creates a weak point to snag and tear on brush. I’d recommend dressing lightly under the tyvek so you don’t sweat too heavily. Some quick sprays of gray and brown paint would make it a nice, quick, water resistant snow camo. And you can’t beat it for the price. p.s they are very handy to keep in your vehicle if you need to change a tire on the side of a road and don’t want your clothes to get dirty. Or for doing any mechanical work. Emergency wind barrier/blanket. In a survival situation just put on the tyvek, stuff some dry leaves or grass inside and you can make an insulated jump suit. They’re lightweight and have many uses. Good thinking on using them for excursions in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        I dunno about the insects but as snow camo it could work. Please post pictures...
        Way too tight - need 4X to go on over clothing.

Comment

In Saskatchewan, Canada you can wear white, orange or yellow when deer hunting.
          I bought the quiet polar fleece white coveralls.
          Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Mansion on fire.
            by 99explorer
            One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
            It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
            Today, 10:04 AM
          • Firing squad.
            by 99explorer
            A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
            This final shot does...
            Yesterday, 09:07 PM
          • Lost in the woods.
            by 99explorer
            You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
            One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
            Two Indians...
            Yesterday, 01:24 PM
          • Books on a shelf.
            by 99explorer
            There are several books on a bookshelf.
            If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
            08-21-2019, 02:19 PM
          • Mental arithmetic.
            by 99explorer
            A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
            The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
            How much does the ball cost?
            08-21-2019, 11:57 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X