Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone read the thing about the new Outdoor Life line of products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone read the thing about the new Outdoor Life line of products?

Maybe they're trying to make up for declining magazine sales? Maybe just branching out. Whatever the case, I kind of like those sweatshirts with the old cover art. I wonder if they offer them with Natalie Krebs's autograph across the back?

Link to the Thing Below.

I have read it. I thought Sears and Bonnier Corp had past collaborations.

Comment

I checked on some items, thought I might send a gift certificate to a great nephew getting into the Boy Scouts, these prices are a bit steep. 35dollars for a little flashlight that straps on your head ? 25dollars for a t shirt, just because it has a deer picture on it ? No thanks, I don,t mind spending But I want value for my bucks.

Comment

Matt, I bet Natalie would sign your shirt if you paid to ship to her office. Great Idea! I may do that myself :-D

Natalie, what address should we use to ship shirts to you for an autograph?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Bonnier has referred to it as an "alternative revenue source." Media companies across the board are trying to diversify revenue streams in this chaotic digital age so that all of our eggs aren't in the advertising baskets. We used to have a partnership with Sears, which did well for us, but I believe that contract expired and they decided to bring it in house. Some of the prices on the new stuff do seem a bit steep, although the products are more premium than the Sears line, which accounts for some of the up-charge. I think they're also trying to partially target backpacking customers with these products and prices. Meanwhile, I've been trying to convince someone here to sell old-cover posters for ages. Finally gave up a few years ago and just got some printed myself to hang around my office cube and apartment. I accept payment for autographs in the form of backstrap, burger, and/or fillets.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Krebs_2 View Post
            Bonnier has referred to it as an "alternative revenue source." Media companies across the board are trying to diversify revenue streams in this chaotic digital age so that all of our eggs aren't in the advertising baskets. We used to have a partnership with Sears, which did well for us, but I believe that contract expired and they decided to bring it in house. Some of the prices on the new stuff do seem a bit steep, although the products are more premium than the Sears line, which accounts for some of the up-charge. I think they're also trying to partially target backpacking customers with these products and prices. Meanwhile, I've been trying to convince someone here to sell old-cover posters for ages. Finally gave up a few years ago and just got some printed myself to hang around my office cube and apartment. I accept payment for autographs in the form of backstrap, burger, and/or fillets.
            Great idea to frame the cover posters. That could indeed be another revenue source.

Are there any special NYC food regulations we need to be aware of before shipping venison your way? Or, would you rather come to dinner next time you're in Birmingham?. PigHuntress is a great cook :-D

Comment

I tried ordering a bow stabilizer on Amazon yesterday and regulations wouldn't allow it to be shipped to Brooklyn. Real meat from a real dead animal might make someone's head explode. I'll take you guys up on the dinner invite if and when I ever make it to Birmingham. No take backs!

Comment

Backstrap? For an autograph? Wow, everyone, check out the ego on Natalie!

Comment

You've got it!

Comment

Natalie, I love those bear photos on the covers of those Outdoor Life magazines, in your posted photo. ?
                    Where are the wild pig OL cover frames in the bathroom? LOL, Just Joking!
                    I remember your black bear video, also. Your are a bear person. ?
                    Anymore bear hunts planned in the future?

Comment

Matt—I always heard you weren't a real outdoor writer until you developed an obnoxious ego. Just trying to do my job And I don't have any dedicated bear hunts planned, Gary, but I am hoping to run into one this fall. My NY deer camp has a bunch running around this summer, so the odds aren't bad.

Comment

Gosh, the Mad Dinger even hit Natalie. Maybe he doesn't like the cover art?

Comment

I noticed that too Matt ! Now maybe that the dinger has also struck such an important figure (figure not to be taken literally) there will be some sort of retribution in the offering that will protect also us lower scale unworthies of such abuse !!

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                            I checked on some items, thought I might send a gift certificate to a great nephew getting into the Boy Scouts, these prices are a bit steep. 35dollars for a little flashlight that straps on your head ? 25dollars for a t shirt, just because it has a deer picture on it ? No thanks, I don,t mind spending But I want value for my bucks.
                            I would have to agree with you 6p. It would appear that it is not only a leaping deer, it is also leaping prices ! I am afraid there would need to be more than a leaping deer to warrant $25-28 being spent. But then maybe my financial diet is not the same as for others who do not associate costs to returns !

Comment

Treestand and JhJimbo, told me to hunt black bear in New York a few times on this site.
                              Thanks to NJ Governor Murphy banning bear hunting on state land, I may look into southern part of NY.
                              Good Luck hunting Natalie.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hotel guest.
                                by 99explorer
                                A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock on the door.
                                She opens the door to find a man that she has never seen before.
                                The...
                                Today, 08:41 PM
                              • Plane crash.
                                by 99explorer
                                A passenger plane crashes on the exact border between the U.S. and Canada.
                                Where do they bury the survivors?
                                Today, 03:16 PM
                              • Animals on the ark.
                                by 99explorer
                                How many animals of each species did Moses take on the ark with him?
                                Today, 02:08 PM
                              • The college student puzzle..
                                by 99explorer
                                A student rides his scooter to the train station to go to college. His home in between two train stations.
                                The first station is a mile from home,...
                                Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                              • Pieces of gold.
                                by 99explorer
                                Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                                08-23-2019, 06:45 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X