Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Date And Later Marry A Person With $70K+ to $100K+ With School Loan Debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Date And Later Marry A Person With $70K+ to $100K+ With School Loan Debt?

Young Men & Woman Are Having A Hard Time With "Romance"With Large Amounts Of Student Loan's Hanging Over There's Heads. What Say Y'all

Their Is Student Forgiveness after 30yr of full payments of "Principal"!!

Comment

I paid off my loan don't know why others can't pay theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        Lots of us old timers payed off our loans, But they were not in the 200K mark!
        I know some woman that helped to pay off their Mans loan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
          Tree, I read Doe Czar thread on F&S. I never had a problem with Charlie Elk's plus points. How dare you write such a reply.
          Charlie Elk was honorable person. Please edit that incorrect statement.

For the record the three known website point cheaters were F&S RudyGlove27, F&S Dallas McWhorter and OL Pighunter.
          Why did you spell out Charlie Elk's name, but you initial Pighunter's name? Never dance around the true facts, Brother.
          I do not think anybody would attack the messenger?

Comment

You took it the wrong way Big>G. Unkont your Nickers;-))

Don't call me a Liar, That i'm not!!

Comment

You only had to remove Charlie Elk's name instead of deleting your reply. Everybody on the outdoor Life Leader Board were victims of the gaming and cheating the system.
              Thanks and I will Edit out Liar. +1

Comment

GD, I've not cheated. But I'm glad you still have a heartache over the points total. Your reaction is worth all the effort and has provided hours of entertainment! ;-) ... XOXO

Comment

I haven't been affected by the people on the "leader board", regardless of their point total!
                  They have more "nothing" than me?
                  So what?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                    It depends on the circumstances. What are the person's potential earnings, etc.
                    Your right most collage kids have no idea what they want to be??

Comment

Well I'll be danged I just made OL leader board 105,xxx;-))

Comment

the leader board is a 'nothing burger'.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                          It depends on the circumstances. What are the person's potential earnings, etc.
                          Part of the problem is they get a degree that does not have earning potential.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                            Tree, it is all relative, my loan was as big to me then as loans today are to the current graduates.

Comment

You guys remember how every once in a while I will talk about great old guns and stuff, and how I had to sell them to pay for room and board. Well now you're about to know why.

I went to a private university and even with extensive scholarships ($120k+) ended up over $100K in debt and a degree from one of the best engineering schools on the planet. Graduating into the worst economy in God knows how long. Sometimes I regret not taking full ride scholarships to state schools.

When I was close to graduating both branches our Military tried to pull me away before graduating for jobs that would pay ~$100k a year some of them more, but you have to be okay with tight spaces. I know a couple of guys that did it.

Now here's the thing. I worked the entire time, not minimum wage either. In fact without giving too much away, my alma mater is the progenitor of the co-op program and you go to school for 3 months, and then work for 3 months you're entire undergraduate.

Student loans are a pain. Student loan forgiveness only works in certain cases, and not for private loans. I've always lived pretty frugally, and I am just now starting to have enough left over to have a pretty decent lifestyle (or I was until I found myself recently unemployed) but I was smart enough to make sure to get fixed interest rates. I knew that it was way too risky for variable rates.

School is definitely more expensive than it was 30-40 years ago. Fellow Alumni from 30-40 years ago tell stories of paying their tuition, room and board, buying the latest Chevelles or Corvettes, and having money left over thanks to their co-op pay. Must have been nice.

I seriously doubt people are using student loans to refinance credit cards.

One last fun fact. If you make too much money, you no longer get to deduct the interest you pay down on your loans. Ain't that just great! Work hard to get ahead, pay down your debt and get taxed all the more for it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget