One liners !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    Lonesome Dove was full of them. Quigley down Under had some good ones too.

The one you put up from Once Upon a time in the west, is one of my favorites.

The Good the Bad and The Ugly have a few good ones so does the Original True Grit (Still Haven't Seen the New One)
    Hey Buckshot, that theme song for that movie is pretty cool.
    Clint Eastwood's old westerns always had awesome theme song music. ?
    Listen to that sound below. I love the wildlife footage Shown during the music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl6DA1YDGcc#fauxfullscreen

Comment

Badges, what badges? We don't need no stinkin badges.

Comment

You guys made a fine thread out of this, so much so, that it is impossible to pick a best answer. So you are all winners and have my thanks for some great “one liners”, even some that I had never heard or at least forgotten !! Westerns are by far my favorite movies, it is a shame that none are being made at this time. Maybe it goes to the anti-gun feelings in our society at this time, or maybe a generation gap issue with a much younger society that appears to be more interested in high tech movies which are computer originated. Who knows, I just know I miss a good authentic Western !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
          Not from a western but "I Did not have sex with that woman!"
          deleted

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
            You guys made a fine thread out of this, so much so, that it is impossible to pick a best answer. So you are all winners and have my thanks for some great “one liners”, even some that I had never heard or at least forgotten !! Westerns are by far my favorite movies, it is a shame that none are being made at this time. Maybe it goes to the anti-gun feelings in our society at this time, or maybe a generation gap issue with a much younger society that appears to be more interested in high tech movies which are computer originated. Who knows, I just know I miss a good authentic Western !!!!
            Richard, there's a new "modern-day" Western on the Paramount Channel (if you get it) called "Yellowstone." Kevin Costner plays an aging current-day rancher. It looks pretty good -- though I too would much rather see new real 1800's-era Westerns being made.

Comment

Thanks Matt, I am not familiar with that channel, but I will attempt to locate it. Due to it being present day.......I don’t know. But it may be worth a look ? if I find it ! In the past I found myself turning off even semi-westerns if there were vehicles in them, just too old school I guess. But again, thanks.

Comment

I hear you. I almost hesitated to mention it -- but these are desperate times! (I didn't even like Louis L'Amour's modern westerns, The Broken Gun and The Haunted Mesa -- though I did love Last of the Breed).

Comment

I still watch the old westerns in black and white,rather than NCIS, N.O.LA in full color, I had to smile when you mentioned that pilgrim, but we must endeavor to persevere ?

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                    From Tome Stone.
                    Pull that Smoke Wagon or Ya just gona stand there and bleed!
                    Tombstone, Wyatt Earp to the obnoxious gambler (Billy Bob Thornton), in the Oriental Saloon. Opened the conversation by saying "Just wanted to tell you, you're sitting in my chair."

Comment

'Rules! In a knife fight?"
                      Swift kick to the nuts!
                      "Well, Harvey, you said there weren't any rules!"
                      Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                        From Tome Stone.
                        Pull that Smoke Wagon or Ya just gona stand there and bleed!
                        Oh, of course. I must have had a brain fart and didn’t put the spelling together, sorry about that !

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                          Swift kick to the nuts!
                          Yeah, I got a bad crotch pain just watching that !

Comment

I agree 6p. I have Dish TV which carries Encore Westerns, a channel that has 24 hrs. Of Westerns, but many are reruns which are shown over and over. There is nothing new and many are in black and white. Some of the old John Wayne movies are pretty bad, not only in regards to acting, but also concerning content ! They used to carry Gun Smoke, and some of those episodes I watched many times and still enjoyed them. That has since been replaced with Tales of Wells Fargo which is okay, but again is reruns.

Matt, I will go back a little bit as to what I said about semi-westerns, as I did like the movie No Country For Old Men and I think that was about the time of the last semi-western. But even that movie would be a stretch to be called a semi Western in my book !

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
                              When you call me that, SMILE. From the Virginian, book and movie.
                              Another one from the Virginian.

“How was I to know she was a lady. She was with you wasn’t she ?”. Spoken by Steve to the Virginian.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                                Swift kick to the nuts!
                                Now that I read this post, I can't believe none of us had any lines from that movie the first time around.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                                  by CD2
                                  Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                  08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                                • TriggerTech installed
                                  by fitch270
                                  First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                  08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                                • Aquila ammo test
                                  by dewman
                                  Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                  Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                  08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                                • Show and Tell
                                  by Amflyer
                                  Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                  08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                                • College Orientation News
                                  by fitch270
                                  Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                                  07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X