One liners !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    Lonesome Dove was full of them. Quigley down Under had some good ones too.

The one you put up from Once Upon a time in the west, is one of my favorites.

The Good the Bad and The Ugly have a few good ones so does the Original True Grit (Still Haven't Seen the New One)
    In Lonesome Dove, I love it when Gus asks Bolivar, "Hey, Bol, where'd you get the tar you fried this goat in?" I know that's in the book, but can't remember if it made it into the movie. I also like: "Let the piiiigs raahd in the wagon ... Ah never hearda sucha thang!"

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      Monte Walsh (Tom Selleck) looking at the new ranch manager's Model A Ford stuck in a mud hole.
      MW: "What was your name again?"
      ranch manager: "Robert."
      MW: "Well, Robert. You can't imagine just how little I care."
      With a nudge, Monte jumps his horse over the mired down Model A and canters off into the sunset.

Tell Sackett (Sam Elliott) to the cocky young gunfighter trying to goad Cap Roundtree (Ben Johnson) into a gunfight.
      Sackett growls to the kid, "See them lines in his face? They're war maps."

Don't remember the character name or movie title.
      Kid asked Sam Elliott: "Who gave ya the black eye, mister?"
      Elliott: "Nobody gave it to me son, I had to fight for it."
      I always thought Selleck would have had a better career if he could have shaken the Magnum P.I. image. Nothing at all against Magnum -- it was my favorite show growing up -- but in just about every role Tom played after that, he seemed like Magnum, and in particular when he played Orrin Sackett. Orrin isn't quite the happy-go-lucky type that Selleck made him into, in my opinion. Anyway, here's what I'd love to see: As long as Elliot and Selleck are still alive, they should make a Sacketts' "last stand" kind of movie -- the aging brothers, coming together one last time, maybe to help save one of their kids or the family ranch. That'd be great.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        At 2:00 in the clip below...

"But you're a beautiful woman and if I was to want a free one I'd want it with you I guess... more than them other two."

Clint Eastwood as William Munny in 'Unforgiven'.
        Well, we sure get plenty of chances. Seems like it's on one channel or another every week. That and "The Shawshank Redemption."

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          Monte Walsh (Tom Selleck) looking at the new ranch manager's Model A Ford stuck in a mud hole.
          MW: "What was your name again?"
          ranch manager: "Robert."
          MW: "Well, Robert. You can't imagine just how little I care."
          With a nudge, Monte jumps his horse over the mired down Model A and canters off into the sunset.

Tell Sackett (Sam Elliott) to the cocky young gunfighter trying to goad Cap Roundtree (Ben Johnson) into a gunfight.
          Sackett growls to the kid, "See them lines in his face? They're war maps."

Don't remember the character name or movie title.
          Kid asked Sam Elliott: "Who gave ya the black eye, mister?"
          Elliott: "Nobody gave it to me son, I had to fight for it."
          Conagher: "Some men take a sight of killin', Johnny."

Comment

When you call me that, SMILE. From the Virginian, book and movie.

Comment

The Good the Bad and The Ugly have a few good ones so does the Original True Grit (Still Haven't Seen the New One)
              Also Matt when Gus and Jake are drinking from the jug, and Jake says “and I never spoke a word to a pig either” ! And the remark to Bolivar by Gus did not get into the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                Josey says, "Seems whenever I get to likin' somebody, they ain't around long."
                Lone Watie says, "I notice that when you get to DIS-likin' somebody, they ain't around long, either."

"Those horses can't outrun Little Blackie! They're loaded down with fat man and iron!" - Mattie Ross, True Grit

"You just shot an unarmed man!" Little Bill says.
                "Well, he should have armed himself," replies William Munny.

"Mister, we deal in lead." - Vin Tanner, in The Magnificent Seven

"I told my pap and mam I was comin' to the mountains to trap, and be a mountain man! They acted like they was gut-shot." - Del Jue, in Jeremiah Johnson.
                Outstanding job all winners !!

Comment

Young guns Nuck “ I ain’t a part of that war no more , pecker head som bitch” Tom Horn “the best shot I ever made and the dirtiest trick I ever done” Mountain Men “ Silk, what the hell is silk? Don’t you know nothin ? Silk made out of worms” Rooster Cogburn to Ned Pepper “ Fill your hand you son of a bitch” and my favorite scene in the unforgiven one arm deputy about little Bill Dagget . “ Well he ain’t scared boys, he just ain’t no Carpenter “

Comment

From Tome Stone.
                    Pull that Smoke Wagon or Ya just gona stand there and bleed!

Comment

Bubba that's one of 2 of my favorites from that film, the other is when Tuco is trying to read a note Angle Eye's Left them
                      Tuco "See you soon, id,idi..."
                      Blondie "Idiots, it's for you."
                      https://youtu.be/GlA35y0bGQc

Comment

OUTlaw Josie Wells, when the bounty hunter knows he is up against Josie and answers he is a bounty hunter for a living, Josie says something to the effect dying is much of a way to make a living ,, just before he kills the bounty hunter,

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                          From Tome Stone.
                          Pull that Smoke Wagon or Ya just gona stand there and bleed!
                          That might be one Western I have not seen, sure can’t recall the name !

Comment

Not from a western but "I Did not have sex with that woman!"

Comment

Sara: [Wants Hogan to bury the three men he's just killed] Do you have a shovel?

Hogan: Sister, raise your eyes to heaven.

[They both look up at the sky, to see vultures circling overhead]

Hogan: Now are they or are they not God's creatures?

Sara: Of course they are.

Hogan: Well, why do you want to rob them of all this convenient nourishment?

Comment

Haven't See Sister Sara in forever, will have to watch it soon

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gun show today
                                  by fitch270
                                  Had another one of those close but not quite encounters today. One of the things I’m keeping an eye out for is a compact model rifle for my daughter...
                                  08-14-2022, 09:45 PM
                                • Beater .44 mag
                                  by CD2
                                  My dad got this rig way back. And he shot the crap out of it. 255gr cast about all it ever ran and medium hot. All the time.

I inherited...
                                  08-14-2022, 11:42 AM
                                • Eatin ‘chuck
                                  by dewman
                                  Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
                                  08-13-2022, 07:19 PM
                                • Parallax adj
                                  by CD2
                                  Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                  08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                                • TriggerTech installed
                                  by fitch270
                                  First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                  08-06-2022, 10:09 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X