One liners !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One liners !

What are some of the best one liners you guys have heard in Western movies ? Such as, with a shake of the head, “You brought two too many” ! And from which Western ?

Josey says, "Seems whenever I get to likin' somebody, they ain't around long."
    Lone Watie says, "I notice that when you get to DIS-likin' somebody, they ain't around long, either."

"Those horses can't outrun Little Blackie! They're loaded down with fat man and iron!" - Mattie Ross, True Grit

"You just shot an unarmed man!" Little Bill says.
    "Well, he should have armed himself," replies William Munny.

"Mister, we deal in lead." - Vin Tanner, in The Magnificent Seven

"I told my pap and mam I was comin' to the mountains to trap, and be a mountain man! They acted like they was gut-shot." - Del Jue, in Jeremiah Johnson.

Comment

Monte Walsh (Tom Selleck) looking at the new ranch manager's Model A Ford stuck in a mud hole.
      MW: "What was your name again?"
      ranch manager: "Robert."
      MW: "Well, Robert. You can't imagine just how little I care."
      With a nudge, Monte jumps his horse over the mired down Model A and canters off into the sunset.

Tell Sackett (Sam Elliott) to the cocky young gunfighter trying to goad Cap Roundtree (Ben Johnson) into a gunfight.
      Sackett growls to the kid, "See them lines in his face? They're war maps."

Don't remember the character name or movie title.
      Kid asked Sam Elliott: "Who gave ya the black eye, mister?"
      Elliott: "Nobody gave it to me son, I had to fight for it."

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
        Monte Walsh (Tom Selleck) looking at the new ranch manager's Model A Ford stuck in a mud hole.
        With a nudge, Monte jumps his horse over the mired down Model A and canters off into the sunset.

Tell Sackett (Sam Elliott) to the cocky young gunfighter trying to goad Cap Roundtree (Ben Johnson) into a gunfight.

The name of the film with Sam Elliot is Conagher

Comment

Frank Tanner: Any last words?
          Bob Valdez: Hundred Dollars! ?

"you ever been hungry lady? not just ready for dinner hungry, but so hungry that your belly stands out?" ?

"We all die, just a question of when."

"I would like to know his name."

MY FAVORITE WESTERN MOVIE QUOTE FOR LIBERALS
          "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." ?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            At 2:00 in the clip below...

"But you're a beautiful woman and if I was to want a free one I'd want it with you I guess... more than them other two."

Clint Eastwood as William Munny in 'Unforgiven'.
            Another Western worth seeing more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post

"you ever been hungry lady? not just ready for dinner hungry, but so hungry that your belly stands out?" ?

"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." ?
              Rich, good thread +3
              The answer- "You brought two too many horses in the western, Once upon a time in the West.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post

Hombre was a fine movie, but I thought it needed a little more revenge situations from John Russel (Paul Newman) ! Although the action in the bar against the two guys who were giving the Indians a hard time was great. But his actions against Boone could have been more severe.

You are right Gary, Once Upon A Time In The West.......a wonderful film with Charles Bronson. Now there is an actor who had some great revenge actions against those who were dumb enough to piss him off !

Comment

Lonesome Dove was full of them. Quigley down Under had some good ones too.

The one you put up from Once Upon a time in the west, is one of my favorites.

The Good the Bad and The Ugly have a few good ones so does the Original True Grit (Still Haven't Seen the New One)

Comment

Bubba, Monty Walsh was an exceptional movie in as much as it was different from the usual oater, it being more refined, more emotional and not the normal shoot-em-up bang bang Western ! I would have to say, probably my favorite. But then I don’t think there are too many Westerns with Selleck that I did not like, and the same for Sam Elliot !

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

The Good the Bad and The Ugly have a few good ones so does the Original True Grit (Still Haven't Seen the New One)
                      Buck, I have watched Lonesome Dove more than a dozen times. Along with Return to Lonesome Dove and Streets of Laredo which all tie in with each other. Lonesome Dove, as you said, is full of one liners, that movie has exceptional writing which of course was made from the novel by McMurtry (sp). I do not think the new True Grit matches the original, jmo.

Comment

I'll have to get around to watching the new one sometime.

Comment

Bucky, thanks, I has forgotten.

bhr, I liked Selleck in most of his movies, but there are some times, the way he presents a line or his actions, just don't seem to fit.

Comment

Call (Tommy Lee Jones) fussing at their Mexican cook about the beans, "Cain't you cook anything but these Mexican strawberries?"

Comment

In one of Eastwood's "spaghetti westerns", Eli Wallach is submerged in a run of water when a bad guy bursts in and is threatening to shot him.
                              The tub explodes as Wallach blows the guy away with the handgun hidden in the tub.
                              "If you're gonna shoot, shoot! Don't talk!"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gun show today
                                by fitch270
                                Had another one of those close but not quite encounters today. One of the things I’m keeping an eye out for is a compact model rifle for my daughter...
                                08-14-2022, 09:45 PM
                              • Beater .44 mag
                                by CD2
                                My dad got this rig way back. And he shot the crap out of it. 255gr cast about all it ever ran and medium hot. All the time.

I inherited...
                                08-14-2022, 11:42 AM
                              • Eatin ‘chuck
                                by dewman
                                Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
                                08-13-2022, 07:19 PM
                              • Parallax adj
                                by CD2
                                Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • TriggerTech installed
                                by fitch270
                                First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                08-06-2022, 10:09 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X