Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Gas Prices Slowing You Down On Shoping Or Travel ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Gas Prices Slowing You Down On Shoping Or Travel ??

Gas up 18 cents in New York City $4.19 a Gal. $3.05 In Fl. $3.56 In Ga. AAA said it mite hit $5.00+ a Gal by June/July. Whats the Price in Your Town Or State.

My problem here in southern Oklahoma and north central Texas is finding gasoline without "ethanol" (E-10).
    The E-10 gasoline is about 35 to 40 cents/gallon CHEAPER!
    I purchase three gallons of gasoline to mow the yard.
    If I buy the cheap, E-10, I barely have enough fuel to finish.
    When I purchase 100% unleaded gas, I can mow the yard AND fill up the tiller and have some fuel left over.
    Using 100% unleaded also improves my pickup mileage.
    Best I can figure, due to better performance, buying the 100% fuel saves me pennies in the lo g run.
    Anybody else experience this?

Comment

We're over three dollars in central New York. I've only got a five minute drive to work, so that doesn't add up to much. Fishing, I did decide to fish a little closer to home this past weekend. My usual river's a good thirty or forty minutes out, and then I usually end up driving around another fifteen or twenty miles to hit different public-access spots. Overall it's not a big burden, as I'm single and don't have kids to drive around and gave up living on a budget years ago.

Comment

Gas without methanol or MTBE can be found at marina's and small airports. Expensive but it is there. At the marina it is around $3.50 +

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          My problem here in southern Oklahoma and north central Texas is finding gasoline without "ethanol" (E-10).
          When I purchase 100% unleaded gas, I can mow the yard AND fill up the tiller and have some fuel left over.
          Best I can figure, due to better performance, buying the 100% fuel saves me pennies in the lo g run.
          I bet your yard isn't 2 acres either! LOL!

Comment

I tried a smaller yard here. Ended up with WAY too many vermin!
            Rats, mice, skunks, possums and the occasional porcupine were getting problematic!

Comment

I've tried E 85 for S&G! Never again what crap poor mileage too boot.

Comment

Looks like 4.00+ gas in AK again this year. I hope the run is strong in the Thorne this year so I won't have to run 40 miles to get into the fish this year. Last year the Thorne run of silvers was quite strong. I enjoy fishing different runs, but I dislike having to travel to far to get into the fish.

Comment

I think we’re at 2.60-2.70 right now, so when we go back to WV this weekend we’re likely to see anything from 2.30-3.00. I figure it’ll come back down some after the holiday

Comment

No chipmunks.
                    Had cats.
                    Despise cats.
                    No cats.
                    Rat invasion has abated back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                      I haven't even noticed. About half the time I get my gas at Costco and right now it's 2.45 per gallon. The local BP is 2.51

The U.S. Energy Information Administration shows prices are not going to rise very much. I'm expecting it to remain below 3.00 per gallon in my area.
                      Also if you have an Indian reservation close by you can get gas tax free.

Comment

the pandemic is the only restriction now for me to travel, unfortunately;(
                        I would really love to go traveling in Europe, I have even to some European countries, however the next one is definitely Albania, I've checked already whether Albania may be considered a safe destination for tourists and I'm willing to go there when the borders are open. Tirana ( the capital of Albania) is not such a popular destination, especially if you come from the US. However, I'd really love to see the difference in our cultures and mentality. It's so interesting to see the world with their eyes and explore the customs they have.
                        Looking forward to my dream coming true!
                        Last edited by mobazikin; 02-04-2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Up until Biden I could find reg. for about $2.05. My Jeep Hemi likes 93 octane and that is always $.60 more per gallon. Luckily it has the system that drops 4 cylinders when not needed (most of the time) and that gives me about 23mpg highway. Now prices run around $2.15. You can check anywhere in Country with GasBuddy.com Also has a good trip planner.

Comment

I finished my 7-day trip this week and calculated my gas costs, you will be shocked, but I drove over $3,000. I'm surprised at that amount myself. I don't make enough money to afford to spend money on gasoline. But as it happens, we had been planning this trip for a long time and I had to go. I noticed that my friends spent less money riding the train. So I decided the next weekend I would take the train. I had already picked out tickets and looked up the schedule on db fahrplan. I was pleasantly surprised by the low fare.
                            Last edited by AlexCrowlen; 06-29-2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget