Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's In Your Wallet?? A Stash Of Cash ?? Credit Cards?? Or No Cash??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
    No hold-up billfold. Carry mine in my left front pocket of my jeans, (old riding man's trick), and am seldom, if ever, unarmed. Neither do I look very "victimish". Thieves and muggers nowadays are just as likely to shoot or cut you over a fake billfold as the real thing. Situational awareness and a quick look around when you go to places where money changes hands are instinctual. Usually don't carry much cash, just a debit card, credit card, handgun permit, driver's license, and Texas Law Shield card.
    I ride with my billfold in the rear pocket. Have not lost it so far. Front pocket sounds uncomfortable. I got a gift certificate for Diluth Trading for Christmas so I got a pair of their jeans. A couple of things. Very heavy material and well cut and stitched. The pockets are heavy material and very deep. One negative is the brass zipper has very sharp edges on the teeth - extra caution required if you follow me.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
      No hold-up billfold. Carry mine in my left front pocket of my jeans, (old riding man's trick), and am seldom, if ever, unarmed. Neither do I look very "victimish". Thieves and muggers nowadays are just as likely to shoot or cut you over a fake billfold as the real thing. Situational awareness and a quick look around when you go to places where money changes hands are instinctual. Usually don't carry much cash, just a debit card, credit card, handgun permit, driver's license, and Texas Law Shield card.
      My camp is probably 20 or 30 minutes away from the police. I have a 500' long driveway and sometimes when I hear a car a couple shots in the air gets them to turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        yes I do, drop it and run
        I know someone who was robbed at gunpoint and he actually persuaded the robbers to take the money and return his wallet to him.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          I carry my hold-up wallet in my right rear pocket, and my real wallet in my right front pocket.
          I just hope that in the heat of the moment, I have the presence of mind to hand over the wallet from the rear pocket.
          I knew a big city cop who was once involved in a shooting in an alleyway, and he ducked behind a garbage can for cover. As he went to draw his weapon, he pulled his wallet from his hip pocket out of force of habit. Yikes!
          Yes...That would be a problem...Lol

Comment

Nope I just carry some cash on me for what I need for the day then just cards. He can get away with my little bit of cash cards I'll just cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
              Nope I just carry some cash on me for what I need for the day then just cards. He can get away with my little bit of cash cards I'll just cancel.
              Your very lucky to just carry some cards & cash, In Fl, if you get stopped the first question is Do you have a drivers Lic & Ins card! If No you got to jail to face a judge! So you have to have more in your pocket then cash & some cards.We in Fl, have the highest amount of people driving with No Lic & No ins.

Comment

I figure if a robber wants it, he can have the darn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
                  Plenty more where that came from, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
                    Well, I do not know about that,but here is a story. A dear friend was walking to her car in a super market lot. A couple purse snatchers drove by her and one reached out of their car window and grabbed hold of her purse which was hanging on her shoulder. She was in good shape and hung on to her beloved purse as the thieves drug her next to their car across the parking until she finally led go. She was seriously injured. She told me she did not want to lose her drivers license, one credit card and six bucks in cash. She earns a couple hundred thousand dollars a year at her occupation. She is stubborn, I will give her that.

Comment

Your question was a hold up wallet for a robber. How does getting stopped have to do with the answer unless by a robber. Thats another question, if police then yes we need our licenses and insurance cards when we drive. My licenses is in my wallet and insurance cards are in my car.

Comment

I am thinking it would not be a bad idea to carry a money clip with a small amount of real cash to hand over in a hold-up, and keep your wallet with ID and important cards in reserve elsewhere on your person.

Comment

So that tells me you Do carry more then just some cash & cards!!

Comment

I am thinking it would not be a bad idea to carry a money clip with a small amount of real cash to hand over in a hold-up, and keep your wallet with ID and important cards in reserve elsewhere on your person.
                            jmo) Your credit cards are worth more to them then your $50.00 cash, your car/truck becomes there getaway transportation for other crimes.

Comment

That is why I would prefer that they just take the money and run.
                              If they demanded the wallet, that is when the hold-up wallet would come into play.

Comment

I hope it never happens to you /me or anyone else. Just know your surroundings before you leave your car & coming out of a Walmart. shop with a younger friend.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget