Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big news. The next president of the NRA will be retired USMC Lt. Col. Oliver North.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
    Honk the phony, since you are not a member, what difference does it make to you?
    Only about 6 or 7% of gun owners are members of the NRA.
    The question implies that only those who are actual members have any interest in the leadership of the organization.
    That is not true. Hence, the question is not a valid inquiry.

Comment

Honk the phony, since you are not a member, what difference does it make to you?
      I do not agree with Honker's assessment of Col. North's character, but I do not challenge Honker's right to express his opinion on this forum.
      I am not playing blog cop. I just don't like to see any of our users shouted down for holding a minority opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
        You have got to be kidding me! Good for the NRA's image to have a liar and schemer like that as its president? Not to mention stupid: he couldn't get the bank account numbers right for the money he was laundering for his illegal arms deals. He should be in jail. The only reason his convictions were vacated is because his Congressional testimony was inadmissible. He still acknowledged having committed the crimes. Very stupid choice. I can't imagine a worse one!
        Again, Honk, I challenge you to name a single U.S. President who has accomplished in his entire administration what Trump has accomplished in less than two years.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
          North is a high profiled figure with military experience,and his rank alone shows his competence in getting things done,he took the fall in the Iran contra affair shielding the commander in chief.At this time with a higher than average attack on our rights he may be just the person who is qualified as the best by those in position to select a new N,R ,A leader. If not fire him and get someone more qualified.
          When Oliver North came under fire for accepting as a gift a security fence around his property, then Senator Al Gore asked him what he was afraid of.
          Col. North replied, "The most dangerous man on this planet."
          Al Gore then asked who that would be.
          North replied, "Osama bin Laden."
          Al Gore laughed and asked, "Who is he?"
          We soon found out.
          Damned sudden.

Comment

"... but I do not challenge Honker's right to express his opinion on this forum. ..."

Uhhmmm...., I don't believe '06 challenged Honk's "right to express" his opinion.
            He challenged Honk's "opinion".

Comment

Deleted. I tried unsuccessfully to post a link to an interesting read on the history of the NRA.

Comment

I guess you have to read between the lines.
                It was a dig.
                Read it again and imagine that it was addressed to you.

Comment

A "dig", yes. But still not a challenge to Honks "right to post".

Comment

You have got to be kidding me! Good for the NRA's image to have a liar and schemer like that as its president? Not to mention stupid: he couldn't get the bank account numbers right for the money he was laundering for his illegal arms deals. He should be in jail. The only reason his convictions were vacated is because his Congressional testimony was inadmissible. He still acknowledged having committed the crimes. Very stupid choice. I can't imagine a worse one!
                    So I’m confused, did he eventually admit to it all? Or did he admit to most of it, except the parts he lied about?

Comment

dbl post!

Comment

OOH, This is not an attack or a dictation of how you feel but I’m afraid that you may rather appoint an extreme leftist to North’s position than a conservative candidate. Political party be damned, standing for our 2nd amendment RIGHTS is not and will never be synonymous with the liberal party. I don’t know Oliver Norths back story so I suppose I shouldn’t defend him, but assuming neither of us are God or have met him I recommend not judging him based on the words of a news paper, again, regardless of its political stance. We’re both intelligent enough not to recite a thesis statement verbatim if it comes from a politically motivated source so I suggest not casting stones straight out of CNNs hand. Making statements on the basis that they may be right is much more dangerous than refusing to make statements for fear they are wrong. I know I’ve become redundant so I’ll sign off here.

Comment

I still read the question as a challenge to Honker's "right to express an opinion" (my words) because he is not a member of the NRA.

Comment

I forgive Oliver North for whatever he may have done in an excess of zeal on behalf of our country.

Comment

Well, I see I got a lot of answers to my original question, and as an Endowment member of the NRA, I felt I had the right to ask. However, I got no response from the poltroon to which the question was originally directed. To clarify a bit, anyone has the right to post any opinion, as long as it is not obscene, just as anyone has the right to question that opinion, especially from a poster who has no dog in the hunt.

Comment

(snicker, snort!) Yeah, I bet Ollie was worried about that, 99!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget