Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big news. The next president of the NRA will be retired USMC Lt. Col. Oliver North.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big news. The next president of the NRA will be retired USMC Lt. Col. Oliver North.

He will be replacing Pete Brownell, who is not seeking a second term.
    Will this signal any changes in policy?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by PigHunter
    North wrote an April 17, 2009 op-ed for the Patriot Post, commenting,

“According to the U.S. government, I am an extremist. I am a Christian and meet regularly with other Christians to study God's word. My faith convinces me the prophecies in the Holy Bible are true. I believe in the sanctity of human life, oppose abortion, and want to preserve marriage as the union of a man and a woman.

"I am a veteran with skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat. I own several firearms, and I frequently shoot them, buy ammunition, and consider efforts to infringe on my Second Amendment rights to be wrong and unconstitutional.

"I fervently support the sovereignty of the United States, and I am deeply concerned about our economy, increasingly higher taxes, illegal immigration, soaring unemployment, and actions by our government that will bury my children beneath a mountain of debt.”

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/1867-i-am-an-extremist
    My thought exactly, Ollie is a Marine. "Surrender, hell!"

Comment

Most of you know I'm an NRA lifer so understand I'm not disparaging his choice. He is certainly qualified. But. I kind of got that "old guard" feeling with him and I was hoping for some new vibrant blood. Someone that doesn't convey holdover as much as we are the place to be here and now, come join us young men and women and make our voice strong into tomorrow. My 2 cents.

Comment

“According to the U.S. government, I am an extremist. I am a Christian and meet regularly with other Christians to study God's word. My faith convinces me the prophecies in the Holy Bible are true. I believe in the sanctity of human life, oppose abortion, and want to preserve marriage as the union of a man and a woman.

"I am a veteran with skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat. I own several firearms, and I frequently shoot them, buy ammunition, and consider efforts to infringe on my Second Amendment rights to be wrong and unconstitutional.

"I fervently support the sovereignty of the United States, and I am deeply concerned about our economy, increasingly higher taxes, illegal immigration, soaring unemployment, and actions by our government that will bury my children beneath a mountain of debt.”

"Never give an inch!"

Comment

Like Lee Greenwood always sang.... God bless the NRA!!!!!

Comment

The mainstream news media are all reporting negative stories about him, including the fact that his concealed carry license was revoked over character issues.
            I'll try to check that out.

Comment

Apparently a state judge revoked Oliver North's concealed carry permit during North's campaign running for the Senate. It was politically motivated, and the judge was subsequently removed from office by the state assembly.

Comment

I think he will be a very good for the NRA.

Comment

You have got to be kidding me! Good for the NRA's image to have a liar and schemer like that as its president? Not to mention stupid: he couldn't get the bank account numbers right for the money he was laundering for his illegal arms deals. He should be in jail. The only reason his convictions were vacated is because his Congressional testimony was inadmissible. He still acknowledged having committed the crimes. Very stupid choice. I can't imagine a worse one!

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                    Most of you know I'm an NRA lifer so understand I'm not disparaging his choice. He is certainly qualified. But. I kind of got that "old guard" feeling with him and I was hoping for some new vibrant blood. Someone that doesn't convey holdover as much as we are the place to be here and now, come join us young men and women and make our voice strong into tomorrow. My 2 cents.
                    One critic said the NRA had a difficult decision choosing between Oliver North and George Zimmerman:-))

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                      You have got to be kidding me! Good for the NRA's image to have a liar and schemer like that as its president? Not to mention stupid: he couldn't get the bank account numbers right for the money he was laundering for his illegal arms deals. He should be in jail. The only reason his convictions were vacated is because his Congressional testimony was inadmissible. He still acknowledged having committed the crimes. Very stupid choice. I can't imagine a worse one!
                      A Vietnam vet, North was awarded the Silver Star, a Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts.

Comment

A Great Pick for the NRA.

Comment

He stared down the Liberals and won!

Comment

I think he will be great and will attract some military who, so far, have not joined. The protection of the 2nd amendment is of prime importance at this time in our History.

Comment

There is almost always a back story. I don't give a rats behind about anybodies background IF they can get the job at hand done and done in the correct way. Gina Haspel is being considered for the CIA is being put through the mill and yet she is the most qualified as expressed by many in the agency. Give the job to the person who can get it done. The Dr. considerated for Director of VA was qualified and his detractors compared his experience to the two previous expert Directors with experience and look what they did - drove the level of service to it's lowest level and resulted in deaths of veterans. So much for the 'experts'. Same thing for career politicians - very few are worth their cost.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget