What is your cure for aching joints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your cure for aching joints?

Gary Devine complained a while back about leg pain and swelling that he treated with cold Gatorade bottles rolled along his leg.
    I've used Australian Dream and Blue Emu on my knees with fairly good but not great results.

When I told my doctor I got stiff in the joints, he advised me to stay out of those joints...

Comment

Pain in the legs could be circulation based. I would take hot sitz bath with epsom salts. Stay in until the beer runs out or the water gets cold which ever is first. BTW, showers do nothing for the circulation.

Comment

99, LOL !
        I use Gatorade for my tree stand drink during bear season. I also use the empty bottle for a pee break. I never pee out of a tree with Bears. ?
        I believe Bears have such awesome noses they can tell from your pee, that you had a microwave Bob Evans egg and sausage croissant with Maxwell House K-cup of coffee. ???? LMAO
        Attached Files

Comment

Aching joints and aching muscles are two different maladies.
          My old battered body recovers more quickly when I can lay down and take the weight off.
          Last visit with my orthopedic surgeon, he looked at xrays of my left hip and asked if my back hurt.
          "Only when I'm awake or when I think about it, Doc. Why?"
          "Every joint of your spine I can see is pretty badly arthritic."
          "Thanks, Doc!"
          Hands, knees and lower joints have a touch (just a touch?) of rheumatiz, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
            99, LOL !
            I use Gatorade for my tree stand drink during bear season. I also use the empty bottle for a pee break. I never pee out of a tree with Bears. ?
            I believe Bears have such awesome noses they can tell from your pee, that you had a microwave Bob Evans egg and sausage croissant with Maxwell House K-cup of coffee. ???? LMAO
            Gary, gatoraid is designed to replace elecrolites in people that are exercising or working hard. Sitting in a tree stand does not qualify and you could throw your electrolytes off. You would be better off with something like kool-aid. JMO

Comment

Your best thing to do is keep moving to keep the joints lubricated. Especially bad are long flights in a crampted seat or sitting in a tree stand for hours without moving. Blood pools in your lower legs and is not good for you. Watching TV and not moving for long periods is bad for the joints, same in a movie theater. BTW, crossing legs is not good as it cuts off circulation to lower extremities and puts extra strain on hip joints.
              There is value in doing various stretching excerises, one reason swimming is a good exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                99, LOL !
                Jimbo, I guess you forgot my earlier comments in past threads?
                It takes me 45 minutes to walk into my tree stand from my SUV and 45 minutes back. ??
                Remember, I hunt public land and I need to get away from masses hunting the same woods.
                That's a grand total of an hour and a half of walking each day with a sore knee. I hang in my tree stand all day long.
                I am standing 75% of the time. That's one hell of a work out on my body. ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget