Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just received my copy of latest Outdoor Life magazine. There is a column by Natalie Krebs entitled, The Life From The Archives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my copy of latest Outdoor Life magazine. There is a column by Natalie Krebs entitled, The Life From The Archives.

Is this new or have I just been missing it?

Natalie tries to bring different things to the magazine to keep the interest up. Given time, more experience and a desire I think she could pen some interesting articles. She already has a big bear with a ML and a Elk with a rifle.

Comment

I don't remember that title, Life from the Archives, but she's been putting in stuff from days gone by for a while now. I only peruse the printed mag once in a while; I don't know if all the articles here on the site were also in the magazine. If memory serves, I think she often takes a topic that's relevant today and then shows us how it was discussed in OL back in the olden times.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
        I don't remember that title, Life from the Archives, but she's been putting in stuff from days gone by for a while now. I only peruse the printed mag once in a while; I don't know if all the articles here on the site were also in the magazine. If memory serves, I think she often takes a topic that's relevant today and then shows us how it was discussed in OL back in the olden times.
        The column is composed of old Jack O’Connor responses to readers questions. I found them interesting and nostalgic.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          Natalie tries to bring different things to the magazine to keep the interest up. Given time, more experience and a desire I think she could pen some interesting articles. She already has a big bear with a ML and a Elk with a rifle.
          I just looked up her bio, something I should have done to begin with. A senior editor, looks like she is on her way .

Comment

You are good salesman. OL magazine to my mailbox soon.

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
              You are good salesman. OL magazine to my mailbox soon.
              Pawn my soul! If you are referring to me, I have been participating here for years and this is the first question I have ever asked. I started reading Jack O’Connor’s column, Getting The Range, during WWII. Outdoor Life was the only magazine we could afford. While reading the new issue I noticed Natalie’s name on the masthead. Certainly wish her the very best. Kindest Regards to all.

Comment

What is your favorite Last Laugh article?

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it, Happy Myles. I've actually been running a From the Archives piece in the Life (the front section of the magazine, which I edit) for the past few years. The Archives piece will occasionally get held due to ads or a feature that needs an additional page, so some back issues won't have it, but it's in more issues than not. I try to pick a topic that's tangentially related to a feature article, and that I'm interested in. I'm attaching a few links of old pieces that were converted to web articles:

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    Thanks for the kind words, guys. I started as an intern at OL when I was in college, freelanced for OL after I graduated, got hired as assistant editor in 2014, and now I'm senior editor. I usually do more behind-the-scenes editing for print and web, and never make enough time to write. I've written a handful of print features, but stick to editorial/digital work like video and OL Instagram. The only thing JHJimbo did get wrong is the elk with a rifle—I've hunted elk, but I've never held a tag myself. Fingers crossed I'll be able to take the time this fall...

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Krebs_2 View Post
                      Glad you enjoyed it, Happy Myles. I've actually been running a From the Archives piece in the Life (the front section of the magazine, which I edit) for the past few years. The Archives piece will occasionally get held due to ads or a feature that needs an additional page, so some back issues won't have it, but it's in more issues than not. I try to pick a topic that's tangentially related to a feature article, and that I'm interested in. I'm attaching a few links of old pieces that were converted to web articles:
                      Ms Krebs, my humblest apologies for not being sensitive to your many accomplishments. My only excuse is being 80 years old and I miss many things these days, some of which are good, some bad. I still do more than my fair share big game hunting, just no more sheep hunting. Africa has lured me annually for almost fifty years. This year the Congo, then Tanzania before the rains. Kindest Regards

Comment

Hah, no apologies needed. Glad you're enjoying the archives, and Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
                          What is your favorite Last Laugh article?
                          Amazon has several books by Pat McManus...
                          https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apat+mcmanus&keywords= pat+mcmanus&ie=UTF8&qid=1522851496

Comment

Natalie, thanks for posting these links :-)

Comment

Same here Nat,Thanks;-))

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget