Ted Nugent speaks out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    Actor Tom Selleck is also a current director of the NRA.
    I would much prefer that he spoke out on our behalf.
    I also think that Laura Ingraham could have kept her two cents out of it.
    That David Hog kid comes off a a sympathetic character, and I was surprised to hear her put him down as "whining."
    She has lost a number of big sponsors and may have lost her show on the Fox channel for good. Business is business.
    Maybe I should have personalized my question.

P.S. I'd say Mr. Nugent is pretty insightful in his estimation of David Hogg.
    Wouldn't you, 99explorer?

Comment

That David Hog kid comes off a a sympathetic character, and I was surprised to hear her put him down as "whining."
      She has lost a number of big sponsors and may have lost her show on the Fox channel for good. Business is business.
      Do we ever wonder how world wars start ? I am sure it is much along the same lines as we see from some users who have no tact or knowledge how to get a reasonable point across without total alienation of an opposing view !! It is not “where have all the children gone?”, it is where have all the adults gone ?

Comment

Richard - You have hit the nail on the head.

Comment

I like Ted Nugent. He doesn't beat around the bush and he calls spade a spade. ?? ??

Comment

Forget it Big G, those two have "factually" lost and are resorting to "innuendo"!

Comment

Bubba, (with all due respect)

"lost"? What exactly did "those two" (99 and BHR, presumably) lose?
              It seems to me that you are just arguing, with no real purpose. I am offering you the chance to clarify before I elaborate with my concerns, hopefully I have misunderstood.

Comment

The Tea is very strong at Hillary's table.

Comment

Then I guess you best get after it 3S.
                  I've been VERY clear about where I stand.

Comment

Hogg got a low score on the SAT, too low for the schools he applied to, he should have known that.

Comment

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/04/02/npr-reports-violent-crime-rates-dropped-since-1993/

Comment

Okay then, FirstBubba, you asked for it. As usual, I mean no disrespect! Oh, and I'll try to keep this short... I have bracketed my opinions, the rest is elaborating my concerns.

No one has supported "Boss Hogg" or his ideals. In fact, 99 explicitly stated that he is "not a defender of Hogg." The most anyone has done is express their dissatisfaction with Ted in his capacity as NRA director. [I happen to agree with 99; I would rather that Magnum represent the NRA's position than Nugent; it would probably reduce the amount of "fence sitters" knocked to the left by this incident. (And I can almost guarantee that this type of comments don't bring anyone to the right side of the fence)] There really wasn't any type of argument in this thread, at least not one that I can clearly identify; and certainly no argument that BHR lost with his single post. And with regards to "innuendo" (defined as an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one"), the nearest comment would be 99's regarding speaking with certainty. [I seem to recall that 99 is a life member of the NRA, and thus, he voted for the Directors. Are you a life member? Did you vote?]

This isn't as eloquent as I had planned, but I am dealing with some time constraints. I guess that it just appears to me that after "Big G's" comment, you were inspired to declare yourself the winner of a non-existent argument in order to eliminate some dissension in the ranks; and that didn't sit quite right with me. I certainly appreciate (and I think that I have said "admire" before) your perspective (which IS clear), but in this case, there just wasn't a debate.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                          by CD2
                          Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                          08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                        • TriggerTech installed
                          by fitch270
                          First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                          08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                        • Aquila ammo test
                          by dewman
                          Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                          Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                          08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                        • Show and Tell
                          by Amflyer
                          Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                          08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                        • College Orientation News
                          by fitch270
                          Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                          07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X