Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any plans for Easter? Did you get a Easter candy filled basket when you were kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans for Easter? Did you get a Easter candy filled basket when you were kids?

The Easter Bunny, would hide our easter basket inside our house, and when we got up out of bed you had to look for it.
    Each basket had a one pound coconut easter egg with your name on top.
    Great Memories.
    Any good Easter memories you would like to share?
    Attached Files

we used to color our own easter eggs

Comment

No chores! Well, except for chopping kindling, and bringing wood, the hot water heater worked off the kitchen wood burning stove. Then took a bath and then went to church. Chocolate bunnies and colored eggs were not part of the deal.

Comment

You bring back memories. We got a reused bowl( no basket ) with peppermint candies. A egg hunt was dependent on if the chickens were laying well. You knew boiled egg something was going to be for supper. And yes we were taught what the day was about.

Comment

As a Kid if I wanted Easter Eggs! Mom would say go to the Hen house and pick them. NO Chocolate Bunnies, just jelly Beans & Hard Boiled Eggs!

Comment

What I remember most is the smell of the hot vinegar-water we used for the dye. I'd color eggs with my big sisters and then they and mom would hide them after I went to bed. That was pretty much it; we always had the big dinner, but I don't remember any basket or gifts. I remember figuring out that the Easter Bunny wasn't real* when I was laying in bed and I heard the "clink" of a certain piece of pottery my mom had in the cupboard. That was the first place I checked in the morning, and sure enough, there was an egg.

* - Sorry to drop that bombshell on you, Pighunter, but it's time you learned the truth.

Comment

Spent Easter in the Arizona desert. My wife says she stowed away a Peanut Butter egg in the freezer for when I get home next month.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget