Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do for pain at the end of the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Crushed right heel.
    Left hip implant
    I only experience pain when my feet hit the floor first thing in the morning but it only lasts until I lay down at night.
    My orthopedic surgeon asked me once if I took anything for pain.
    "No sir."
    "Nothing at all?"
    "No sir."
    "No Tylenol or aspirin?"
    "No sir. Nothing at all."
    "Don't you have any pain?"
    "Doc, if I took a pill every time my feet hurt, I'd be eating Tylenol like M&M's."
    Big G, you're a "contractor".
    When I built our home, we (the Boss) wanted a Jacuzzi in the master bathroom.
    Best $1200 I ever spent!
    When I spend too much time on my feet and my bones ache, I'll spend 30 to 45 minutes soaking in the Jacuzzi just before bedtime.
    Shower first.
    Then draw a bath and let those swirling hot waters caress your aching bones.

During the day, if I start hurting, I simply sit down until the pain subsides.

I have enough problems without dealing with an opioid addiction too. LOL!

To each his own.
    Too much information, Big G!

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
      Alieve is VERY hard on my gut. Man, you better swallow those fast or they'll burn your throat.

I use 400 mg Ibuprofen for really serious pain. 200 mg for everyday aches. For injury relief (tooth extraction, sprained ankle, plantar fasciaitis, broken shoulder blade) I'll take both together. To sleep I'll sometimes use Tylenol-3 (codeine) or Percocet saved from various hospital trips (sawed off fingers). But only on special occasions! It's hard to get that stuff so I save it for the really desperate situations. Also, it's addicting. But it works when I need help badly.
      Honk, your the first user to suggest Ibuprofen. Thanks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
        Alieve is VERY hard on my gut. Man, you better swallow those fast or they'll burn your throat.

I use 400 mg Ibuprofen for really serious pain. 200 mg for everyday aches. For injury relief (tooth extraction, sprained ankle, plantar fasciaitis, broken shoulder blade) I'll take both together. To sleep I'll sometimes use Tylenol-3 (codeine) or Percocet saved from various hospital trips (sawed off fingers). But only on special occasions! It's hard to get that stuff so I save it for the really desperate situations. Also, it's addicting. But it works when I need help badly.
        Be careful with the NSAIDS and other drugs as they can harm hearing as a side effect.

Comment

Hot shower and a couple Advil

Comment

I do yoga and meditation every morning. To tell the truth, it's perfect helps to disperse lymph and speed up metabolism. As soon I started to practice it, my health improved significantly and pains disappeared. You can also read more information about the health benefits of yoga here https://yogapractice.com/yoga/a-comp...their-meaning/. It is the only practice that is allowed to almost everyone and has no special contraindications. I'm sure it can help you.
            Last edited by bomjik; 12-26-2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Alleve works for inflammation, i have arthritis in my spine and a physical job. But am allergic to it.

Normally i take nothing for anything, just endure. Pain wakes me up every hr or two hrs. Sleep sucks.

NyQuil will help, but only for a couple hrs and im awake.

Get up and move around and it gets better. Half my pain gone since i had appendix out.

Comment

NSAiDS crank my tinnitus up bad

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                  NSAiDS crank my tinnitus up bad
                  My RN wife told me the Dr's say take a NSAID with a glass of water. NASID can cause a stomach ulcer.
                  If I over do it my favorite is to take a beer in and have a hot tub of water with Epsome Salt. Also a portable radio. I stay there as long as I can or until the water cools off..

Comment

Salts do nothing for me.
                    TENS unit helps sometimes

Comment

For me, it is very useful to take a shower and kratom wholesale, which is very effective in fighting pain. When I first started experiencing cutting pain in my back and lower back, I realized that I had to get rid of it somehow. It was then that I found on one of the forums a great option called kratom, I became interested in it and so I started using it more often. It turned out to be very useful because now I don't feel any pain at all. I advise you to try it, I'm sure you'll love it.
                      Last edited by Penardont; 01-31-2021, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Penardont View Post
                        For me, it is very useful to take a shower and kratom wholesale, which is very effective in fighting pain. When I first started experiencing cutting pain in my back and lower back, I realized that I had to get rid of it somehow. It was then that I found on one of the forums a great option called kratom, I became interested in it and so I started using it more often. It turned out to be very useful because now I don't feel any pain at all. I advise you to try it, I'm sure you'll love it.
                        Kratom: Uses, Effects, Hazards & Abuse Potential - Drugs.com As long as it works I guess.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget