Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do for pain at the end of the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do for pain at the end of the day?

I am really sore.
    Attached Files

Since nobody has any suggestions, my wife suggested, that I take an Aleve pill and go to bed. ?
    I slept for nine hours and I fell great. Most nights I sleep seven hours.

Comment

Alieve is VERY hard on my gut. Man, you better swallow those fast or they'll burn your throat.

I use 400 mg Ibuprofen for really serious pain. 200 mg for everyday aches. For injury relief (tooth extraction, sprained ankle, plantar fasciaitis, broken shoulder blade) I'll take both together. To sleep I'll sometimes use Tylenol-3 (codeine) or Percocet saved from various hospital trips (sawed off fingers). But only on special occasions! It's hard to get that stuff so I save it for the really desperate situations. Also, it's addicting. But it works when I need help badly.

Comment

Take a super hot shower with a rubdown with Blue Emu.

Comment

I'm pretty healthy excepting old joint injuries and tendonitis. I'm on a pretty regular diet of 400mg of ibuprofen in the AM and again in the PM. I'd recently tried to step it back due to some of the long term concerns and it seemed to go OK for a bit, and then suddenly after day 4 there was just glass in my shoulders, lived with it for a couple of days and went easy on the arms, but no change. I lift, shoot a bow, study jiu jitsu, and an axes, sledges, and shovels are not strangers to my hands on a weekly basis. I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary. Back to my usual habit and I'm back to my normal self.
          I will say that I've had times when I had an actual injury, like after my last MC accident where I was taking more than that, say 600 mg 3 or 4 times a day. Still under the theoretical maximum dose.. but I can confirm you may then have signs of stomach bleeding.

From Drugs.com "The maximum amount of ibuprofen for adults is 800 milligrams per dose or 3200 mg per day (4 maximum doses). Use only the smallest amount of medication needed to get relief from your pain, swelling, or fever."

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            Like OHH, I use Ibuprofen because of its ability to reduce inflammation. My initial dose is four 200-mg tablets for a total of 800-mg. Then I'll soak in the whirlpool tub, bottle of wine opened with cork thrown away, low lights, jazz music, and companionship ;-)

https://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html
            "Use ibuprofen exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Use the lowest dose that is effective in treating your condition.

Do not take more than your recommended dose. An ibuprofen overdose can damage your stomach or intestines. The maximum amount of ibuprofen for adults is 800 milligrams per dose or 3200 mg per day (4 maximum doses). Use only the smallest amount needed to get relief from your pain, swelling, or fever."
            You a'int hurting, you braggin'.

Comment

Ibuprofen and a hot bath will generally take care of sore muscles, but I have a bad back and sometimes have to take a Lortab. The opiate really doesn't relieve pain as much as it makes me not care that it hurts. Don't like the fuzzy-headedness, but don't care for the pain, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                Alieve is VERY hard on my gut. Man, you better swallow those fast or they'll burn your throat.

I use 400 mg Ibuprofen for really serious pain. 200 mg for everyday aches. For injury relief (tooth extraction, sprained ankle, plantar fasciaitis, broken shoulder blade) I'll take both together. To sleep I'll sometimes use Tylenol-3 (codeine) or Percocet saved from various hospital trips (sawed off fingers). But only on special occasions! It's hard to get that stuff so I save it for the really desperate situations. Also, it's addicting. But it works when I need help badly.
                Honk, Whenever I take a pill, I wash it down with plenty of water. Thanks for your opinion thou. +2

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                  Ibuprofen and a hot bath will generally take care of sore muscles, but I have a bad back and sometimes have to take a Lortab. The opiate really doesn't relieve pain as much as it makes me not care that it hurts. Don't like the fuzzy-headedness, but don't care for the pain, either.
                  Who takes hot baths? I think most folks take hot showers. ?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                    Like OHH, I use Ibuprofen because of its ability to reduce inflammation. My initial dose is four 200-mg tablets for a total of 800-mg. Then I'll soak in the whirlpool tub, bottle of wine opened with cork thrown away, low lights, jazz music, and companionship ;-)

https://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html
                    "Use ibuprofen exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Use the lowest dose that is effective in treating your condition.

Do not take more than your recommended dose. An ibuprofen overdose can damage your stomach or intestines. The maximum amount of ibuprofen for adults is 800 milligrams per dose or 3200 mg per day (4 maximum doses). Use only the smallest amount needed to get relief from your pain, swelling, or fever."
                    I love red wine.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                      I'm pretty healthy excepting old joint injuries and tendonitis. I'm on a pretty regular diet of 400mg of ibuprofen in the AM and again in the PM. I'd recently tried to step it back due to some of the long term concerns and it seemed to go OK for a bit, and then suddenly after day 4 there was just glass in my shoulders, lived with it for a couple of days and went easy on the arms, but no change. I lift, shoot a bow, study jiu jitsu, and an axes, sledges, and shovels are not strangers to my hands on a weekly basis. I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary. Back to my usual habit and I'm back to my normal self.
                      I will say that I've had times when I had an actual injury, like after my last MC accident where I was taking more than that, say 600 mg 3 or 4 times a day. Still under the theoretical maximum dose.. but I can confirm you may then have signs of stomach bleeding.

From Drugs.com "The maximum amount of ibuprofen for adults is 800 milligrams per dose or 3200 mg per day (4 maximum doses). Use only the smallest amount of medication needed to get relief from your pain, swelling, or fever."
                      It looks like Ibuprofen wins by a landslide.

Hey JC, I hit the report key by mistake but it doesn't mean crap.
                      I reported a F&S spammer a zillion times and nothing ever happens.
                      It just a scare tactic by the website staff. ?

Comment

I start off with a hot bath. If that does not work I may take something. All the stuff mentioned is hard on the stomach as well as your liver and kidneys. Anything you take is cleared from your body by those two organs. When I broke my back 3 years ago I started on oxycodin but that shut down my digestive system so she got me on Tramidol which worked o.k. without the side effects. The scripts totaled 365 pills, I have 360 left.
                        Also be careful of the NSAIDS and other drugs as some are harmful to hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post

LOL. Thanks.

Comment

I usually take a hot shower and it helps most of the time. For regular soreness I don’t do anything unless it’s incredibly bad, then I’ll take a few ibuprofen. Self massage if it’s somewhere reachable. If it’s my back like usual not a lot helps other than laying face down stretched out.

Comment

At 46, and a job that doesn't require much physical exertion, I seldom have any aches or pains. Over the last year or so, if I wear a certain pair of shoes and spend the day walking around more than usual, I have some pain in the bones of my feet, but that usually goes away after sitting down for a while. If they still ache a little the next morning, I'll take an ibuprofin, and that always does the trick. On my days off, I can hike or hunt all day in hunting boots, and fish all day in either wading shoes or sneakers, and not feel any discomfort during or after. My days are probably numbered in regard to that, but I think the constant activity (or as close to constant as I can) keeps things limber. It dawns on me now that those work days when I do have some foot pain are often after a weekend when I actually DON'T get out and do something.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget