• Show
Clear All

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Damned kids! :-D

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied
    Poorly executed in a fit of pique by me.

Wasn't meant to imply that there's no young blood on the site or that I particularly care. I'm very happy to take advice from guys who've been hunting for longer than I've been alive (42 btw).

The folks caught in the bickering wars aren't kids. It's not adding to the discussion, but I was being petty as well, I still like 90% of what goes on here.

I apologize to all for my own public tantrum.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
    Me thinks you're averaging a wee bit high.
    I won't be 22 til next week.
    And if my memory serves me correctly SSS is 18 and Henry is 15.
    How many cattle do you run Red? I help a friend with his,we give them shots and keep them out of sink holes . I use to raise a couple for slaughter,and did some calf roping for the sport of it when I was your age. I enjoy and envy you for the opportunity to be around stock.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    How many total years of experience does that make it ?
    I don,t know my age I started hunting,I remember following my father on a Phesant hunt,jumping a rabbit. I pleaded to let me shoot as it ran, dad knew it was not part of the rules so we watched as it distanced itself. Then he handed me the shotgun and said go ahead shoot it. Later we talked about the shot and how he never expected me to actually connect. So that would be about 58 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    I turned 31 in December.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    How many total years of experience does that make it ?

Leave a comment:

• Red Angus
    replied
    Me thinks you're averaging a wee bit high.
    I won't be 22 til next week.
    And if my memory serves me correctly SSS is 18 and Henry is 15.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    57. I'll be 58 on August 28. Same b-day as HappyMyles I believe. Does age matter? When someone new comes here with a question, wouldn't decades of experience guide you better than someone who is just starting out. I will however jump in quickly and say that I appreciate the younger generations view on how they see things and their take on the newest technology. I also am gratified by their honesty and thought they put into their answers. Outdoorsmen really are the best of people.

Leave a comment:

• Outlaw
    replied
    Really? I would’ve guessed closer to 40 if we’re averaging. I’m only 21

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    started a topic Done

Done

You know, the average age here has got to be about 60. Wtf.

edit- I'm not erasing this because I have to own my public tantrum, but it was a reaction to the ramping up of some of the personal squabbles and not a commentary that I don't want to learn from our white headed friends (I'm pretty bald, and shaved clean, in my young 40's, I envy even your white heads). It was meant as a commentary that we can all be more mature than is showing.

Let me do this as an appeal instead of a rant. Good natured ribbing is part of the game and comraderie, but can we try to limit the chest thumping and personal squabbles that degrade into constant sniping at each other?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget