X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    I'm a 1950 edition, hatched under the Harry S. Truman administration.
    Granulated high schoo' in '69.
    I started on F&S as "Bubba" in '05 or '06.
    Lost contact for a while in '07 after the loss of my grandson.
    Came back to find "Bubba" was someone else and had to "log in".
    The "FirstBubba" was just to separate me and the other "Bubba".
    Oddly, he didn't stay too long.
    GERG, WAMtnhunter (WAM), rock rat, beekeeper, Hoski, sarge01, machinegunner, Sayfu, santa, Moishe are some names that come to mind.
    Anybody remember "David Nichols"? ...blackdawgz?
    Wasn't it "yooperjack" that used to go on the long, horribly misspelled wanderings!?

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I'm a 1950 edition, hatched under the Harry S. Truman administration.
    Granulated high schoo' in '69.
    I started on F&S as "Bubba" in '05 or '06.
    Lost contact for a while in '07 after the loss of my grandson.
    Came back to find "Bubba" was someone else and had to "log in".
    The "FirstBubba" was just to separate me and the other "Bubba".
    Oddly, he didn't stay too long.
    GERG, WAMtnhunter (WAM), rock rat, beekeeper, Hoski, sarge01, machinegunner, Sayfu, santa, Moishe are some names that come to mind.
    Anybody remember "David Nichols"? ...blackdawgz?

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    How many total years of experience does that make it ?
    I wrote a letter to santa why i should get a bb gun for christmas. got one and immediately went out the back door and shot a bird.

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied
    Originally posted by Natalie Krebs_2 View Post
    I'm 27. But as a lurking admin, pretty sure I don't count.
    Don't sell yourself short, but once again, I feel old.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Hey, Lurking Natalie, how come the answer I wrote for this question never posted?

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Not true. More businesses should have employees like yourself. Bonnier is lucky to have you

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    WoW I can't believe it all started on Aug,16th 2009 when i started out with OL and all the fine People on here of past & present, I will soon be 78.
    Interesting isn’t it Tree? As I recall, my interest in hunting had waned somewhat, just somewhat. I had retired and had a guilty conscience about not dutifully going daily to the office. Do not get me wrong, still have plenty to do, just no obligation to dutifully head for the office and still amazed that everything goes along without me just fine, thank you very much. I am not a really active participent like yourself, but do occasionally contribute my, “ two cents worth “.

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Krebs_2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    WoW I can't believe it all started on Aug,16th 2009 when i started out with OL and all the fine People on here of past & present, I will soon be 78.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Even more interesting to me is I have been participating here since Janruary16 2009 and I can still remember my password. My kids gave me this gadget for Christmas and I steadfastly ignored it, at the time I still had two secretaries to bully if I needed anything off a computer. My daughter made me find a subject I was interested in and start blogging. Hunting was the choice and you folks have been stuck with me ever since.

Leave a comment:

• Outlaw
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    Febuary I became an older poop than I was in January, now am almost at the age of extinction.......78 ! Often times when I vent too much, it is because my wife no longer pays any attention to my wisdom, so I need to fall back on you guys. I guess I feel you are a more captive audience and if not, at least I can not personally see you shaking your heads and walking out of the room ! Just remember, us older guys have less time in which you can be nice to us, so get to it and don’t waste your/our valuable time !!
    I was hoping it was the opposite, maybe she’d listen to me as we got older...

Leave a comment:

• Outlaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
    Me thinks you're averaging a wee bit high.
    I won't be 22 til next week.
    And if my memory serves me correctly SSS is 18 and Henry is 15.
    Dang. How many acres if you don’t mind my asking? We have 90acres in WV, about half of it is hayfield and the pasture is mixed with woods. We usually ran 25-30 head. Had to sell the cows after my grandpa died, now the neighbor leases the land to run some of his cows on during the summer and to cut the hay, and I only use it for hunting (till I move back and can get more cattle lol)

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Febuary I became an older poop than I was in January, now am almost at the age of extinction.......78 ! Often times when I vent too much, it is because my wife no longer pays any attention to my wisdom, so I need to fall back on you guys. I guess I feel you are a more captive audience and if not, at least I can not personally see you shaking your heads and walking out of the room ! Just remember, us older guys have less time in which you can be nice to us, so get to it and don’t waste your/our valuable time !!

Leave a comment:

• Red Angus
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
    Me thinks you're averaging a wee bit high.
    I won't be 22 til next week.
    And if my memory serves me correctly SSS is 18 and Henry is 15.
    We, I farm with my parents, have about 210 cows.

I consider myself blessed to have grown up out of doors and around livestock.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
    Poorly executed in a fit of pique by me.

Wasn't meant to imply that there's no young blood on the site or that I particularly care. I'm very happy to take advice from guys who've been hunting for longer than I've been alive (42 btw).

The folks caught in the bickering wars aren't kids. It's not adding to the discussion, but I was being petty as well, I still like 90% of what goes on here.

I apologize to all for my own public tantrum.
    Feel that way myself sometimes. We're cool.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget