X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    Febuary I became an older poop than I was in January, now am almost at the age of extinction.......78 ! Often times when I vent too much, it is because my wife no longer pays any attention to my wisdom, so I need to fall back on you guys. I guess I feel you are a more captive audience and if not, at least I can not personally see you shaking your heads and walking out of the room ! Just remember, us older guys have less time in which you can be nice to us, so get to it and don’t waste your/our valuable time !!
    Proverbs 25:24
    "It is better to dwell in a corner of a housetop
    Than in a house shared with a contentious woman."

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
    I think Natalie and I or the only ones who are using our real birth names as a username on this thread.
    I rather not give an age or birthday because it makes it easy for the Russian Hackers. ?
    Let's play it safe and say an age window between 55 and 65. ?
    Growing up, my nickname was a constant.
    When I heard my mother yell, "Given name, Jr!", I knew I had screwed up something or somehow!

Once, in a tizzy, my mother stepped out the back door and yelled, "Given Jr! Get in here! I'm going to beat you!"
    From the barn, a plaintive, "Yes, ma'am." came back.
    When I got to the house, mother was sitting in the kitchen, laughing herself silly!
    I hadn't actually done anything wrong, but the fact that I would obediently come when beckoned, despite the threat, was funny.
    She is 96 years old and we still laugh about it!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I think Natalie and I or the only ones who are using our real birth names as a username on this thread.
    I rather not give an age or birthday because it makes it easy for the Russian Hackers. ?
    G. Devine,
    In 1969, I was working at an office in Devine, Texas about 50 miles south of San Antonio, Texas.
    My first job was billing freight out of the local peanut farmers cooperative.
    Imagine, if you will, the thoughts running through the mind of an 18 year old as he tried desperately to type "Devine Nuts, Inc." as shipper on the waybill without cracking up!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Most couples have "pet" names for each other.
    I simply call my wife "mom" most of the time.
    When we met in 1978, I was introduced by my nickname which I've used, basically, since birth. I'm a "Jr.". Two same first names around the house got confusing, so I got stuck with the nickname.
    Until the first grade, I had NO idea what my given name was.
    When Mrs. Imogene Marshman informed me otherwise, I went immediately into shock!
    "No ma'am. That's my daddy's name."
    I literally ran 6 blocks home to have a discussion with my mother about that liar, Mrs. Marshman!
    With horror and dismay, I suddenly learned that I had lived nearly 7 years under an alias!
    To this day, I still introduce myself by my nickname.
    To this day, that's the name my wife calls me.
    My last name is short, but so distinctive (not famous, just rare) that anonymity would be nigh on to impossible.
    Therefore, you'll never see it here.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter
    I'll soon be 59. Time flies when you're having fun!

Ages listed so far: 15, 18, 21, 21, 31, 57, 58 = average of 31 years, 7 months. But actual average is much higher.

I'm guessing Matt is in his 30's... 99Explorer, 6Point, Bubba, Gary, Jimbo, and OHH are in their 60's... Treestand and Richard in their 70's. I believe Happy Myles is 80+ (My apologies for those I've left out)... so average age is probably early 50's.

JCARLIN, I always appreciate your posts. Don't be discouraged. Sometimes old men just get grouchy
    Actually I'm 46 -- but I don't look a day over 44.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Febuary I became an older poop than I was in January, now am almost at the age of extinction.......78 ! Often times when I vent too much, it is because my wife no longer pays any attention to my wisdom, so I need to fall back on you guys. I guess I feel you are a more captive audience and if not, at least I can not personally see you shaking your heads and walking out of the room ! Just remember, us older guys have less time in which you can be nice to us, so get to it and don’t waste your/our valuable time !!
    Someday, somewhere, a printout of an FS or OL thread is going to be submitted in court by somebody's lawyer. If it hasn't already happened, that is ....

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by Natalie Krebs_2 View Post
    I'm 27. But as a lurking admin, pretty sure I don't count.
    I think it was just the same thing that's been happening occasionally to others: You hit "post" and it says that it's posting but then it's not there. It only happens every now and then. For a moment, though, I thought maybe I'd been blocked for decency issues, since I did have the word "snotheads" in there somewhere (in reference to how some of us, regardless of age, can be a little juvenile at times - myself included). No big deal; thanks for the response.

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied
    Bubba, please don't answer that question.

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Krebs_2
    replied
    This thread made me chuckle this morning. Yes Treestand, I've been assigned to more F&S duties since layoffs. It's less than I do on the OL side, but still more than I used to (which was zero). I'm mostly handling their Facebook page. And I'm not sure Matt. You were blocked from "answering" the question, but it let you reply to threads?

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    First name "First", last name "Bubba"! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I was sure he was 64. He let it slip recently. Or maybe it was his graduation reunion he was talking about and I did the math.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    I'm a 1950 edition, hatched under the Harry S. Truman administration.
    Granulated high schoo' in '69.
    I started on F&S as "Bubba" in '05 or '06.
    Lost contact for a while in '07 after the loss of my grandson.
    Came back to find "Bubba" was someone else and had to "log in".
    The "FirstBubba" was just to separate me and the other "Bubba".
    Oddly, he didn't stay too long.
    GERG, WAMtnhunter (WAM), rock rat, beekeeper, Hoski, sarge01, machinegunner, Sayfu, santa, Moishe are some names that come to mind.
    Anybody remember "David Nichols"? ...blackdawgz?
    I don't remember yooperjack. Blackdawgz was a real strange one. He was in pretty bad shape physically. Diabetes as I recall. He would go totally ballistic for almost no reason. I think he must have been in some kind of care facility and very bitter and frustrated with his situation. Too bad. He got kicked off F&S once and returned in another obvious identity (blackdawgz2?). I think everyone wanted him to hang on because we knew he needed something in his life. We tried to be tolerable but he went nuts again and sent away for good. Sayfu was the semi-retired school bus driver from Idaho Falls. Another one who floated in with half a dozen different identities. Not sure why. Though somewhat overbearing, I don't recall anything worth getting him ejected. He was very proud of his mixed breed pound "mutt" (his words not mine) hunting dog. I don't remember anyone ever disparaging him for lack of "proper breeding." Heck, my best hunting dog was half-breed. Yep, there's been a lot of guys who have come and gone and I'm sure many of them have gone to meet their Maker. Life is about death. Every cell in our body is racing towards that objective from the moment we are conceived. Make it a helluva trip. Take the scenic route.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    I am not sure Tree that life was ever meant to be that easy. If it was, then I got on at the wrong time !

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Pighunter, I thought we had an agreement that you would keep that to yourself ! Now, with the cat out of the bag, there is no hope for the future. Oh well, it is not long until extinction anyway !

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Hey Nat, Sweet Stuff, Do you handle both sides now??

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget