Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anybody watch or care about the Winter Olympics? I never did and I'm a Sports Nut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking to the winter Olympics to help relieve my cabin fever. In the past I did enjoy watching the various events. However, this year I watched very little. NBC had very poor coverage and politics trumped the athletes. This is sad.

Comment

I never got bored enough to watch, have too many other things going on in my life. Besides, being from the deep south, I have no knowledge or experience regarding winter sports except for a couple of brief snowball fights when we had our rare few inches of snow down here. Snowballs hurt when they are made out of wet snow.

Comment

I never gloated. The Canadian women won every gold medal since the sport was introduced but it was always a good tussle with the American gals. This one went to a shootout after overtime. Can't ask for a better match up than that. The first round in the preliminaries the Canadians came out on top (2-1) but I felt the US women were all over them throughout. Puck just didn't drop in the net.

With the pro players out the men's competition was much more even. US was eliminated and Canadians managed to salvage bronze. Even Korea, which was entitled to enter a team as host country, played well. Not sure they won a game but had some close ones. Three or four of their players were from North America (first generation immigrants or their children can elect to play for their "home" country). Gold medal match was between Athletes of Russia and Germany. Yes, Germany! And those Krauts gave the Ruskies a real run for their money.

Speed skating relays are always interesting. Lots of tactics involved. Somewhat like the old roller derby but supposed to be less contact. I really enjoyed the downhill cross race. Four skiers racing down an obstacle course with wild jumps and curves. Steeplechase on snow sort of thing. Very exciting. It's a new sport and bound to become a favorite. Gold and bronze to Canadians after the Swedish favorite wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
          Once I saw North koreas bobsleigh team I was disgusted and gave up watching.
          Some of the North Korean girls played together with South Koreans on a sort of unified team. Good form. Politics should not get in the way of good sportsmanship. Maybe some of these idiot world leaders could learn something from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
            I never gloated. The Canadian women won every gold medal since the sport was introduced but it was always a good tussle with the American gals. This one went to a shootout after overtime. Can't ask for a better match up than that. The first round in the preliminaries the Canadians came out on top (2-1) but I felt the US women were all over them throughout. Puck just didn't drop in the net.

With the pro players out the men's competition was much more even. US was eliminated and Canadians managed to salvage bronze. Even Korea, which was entitled to enter a team as host country, played well. Not sure they won a game but had some close ones. Three or four of their players were from North America (first generation immigrants or their children can elect to play for their "home" country). Gold medal match was between Athletes of Russia and Germany. Yes, Germany! And those Krauts gave the Ruskies a real run for their money.

Speed skating relays are always interesting. Lots of tactics involved. Somewhat like the old roller derby but supposed to be less contact. I really enjoyed the downhill cross race. Four skiers racing down an obstacle course with wild jumps and curves. Steeplechase on snow sort of thing. Very exciting. It's a new sport and bound to become a favorite. Gold and bronze to Canadians after the Swedish favorite wiped out.
            Like they say, if you are not on the edge, get out of the way.

Comment

Didn't watch them at all. Some stuff I do enjoy watching but I guess I just had better stuff to do.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget