Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anybody watch or care about the Winter Olympics? I never did and I'm a Sports Nut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anybody watch or care about the Winter Olympics? I never did and I'm a Sports Nut.

I did read in sports page, that USA girls hockey team beat the Canadian women.
    Four years ago, a user on this site was gloating when Canada beat the US in hockey. LMAO

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetorch/2018/02/21/587802529/u-s-women-s-hockey-team-faces-canada-in-gold-medal-final-at-winter-olympics

I, too, generally forget all about them, even though I love hockey and watch probably fifty NHL games a year. I did see the highlights of the U.S. women's hockey win over Canada, and those goals were some of the prettiest I've ever seen. And congrats to our curling team!

Comment

No! I think the news folks did a great disgrace to the folks that trained to be the best. Only to be upstaged by the media bias against our country. Look at the coverage of kims sister v/s Ivanka. The network did a great job of ignoring the events to put their political views on the front page.

Comment

NO..not at all, only what was on the news!

Comment

I watched a couple things but couldn’t get into it. Most of the time scrolling through TV, only figure skating or curling were on.

Comment

I watched some of the skiing. Always thrilled to see the downhill and slalom - I think lthey get close to 90 or 100 mph. Peek-a-Boo Street several Olympics ago was exciting to watch.
            I took lessons for the first time in my life in Germany on the Zugspitz Mt. and after the week ended we had a slalom race that I won. Only eight of us in Expert class - one girl, 7 guys. This is me right after winning the salom race. I normally ski on 215 or 220 cm skis but for the course the instructor had us in 185's, easier to practice on.
            This was when I was in my 20's in around '68
            Attached Files

Comment

Didn't watch, don't care, won't watch the next one, and haven't watched an NFL game in two or three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                I watched some of the skiing. Always thrilled to see the downhill and slalom - I think lthey get close to 90 or 100 mph. Peek-a-Boo Street several Olympics ago was exciting to watch.
                I took lessons for the first time in my life in Germany on the Zugspitz Mt. and after the week ended we had a slalom race that I won. Only eight of us in Expert class - one girl, 7 guys. This is me right after winning the salom race. I normally ski on 215 or 220 cm skis but for the course the instructor had us in 185's, easier to practice on.
                Looking very suave. When was that, last winter?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                  Gary, one night we tried watching the NBC Olympics coverage but gave up after 30 minutes. It seemed the commercials lasted at least twice as long as the actual broadcast. That was very frustrating to us probably in part because we usually stream TV and have lost the patience for 4 to 5 commercials back-to-back. Oh well, I probably should have explored more options for streaming the raw feed.
                  Pig Hunter, I taped five hours of the football pre game show before the Super Bowl game, so I could fast forward over the damn commercials.
                  I bet you if I timed it with a stop watch, it was fifty percent commercials. I taped the Super Bowl also. ?
                  ?4??

Comment

Wow Jim, you look like a young movie star standing there. ?? 99explorer is another big skier. ??3??

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                      Didn't watch, don't care, won't watch the next one, and haven't watched an NFL game in two or three seasons.
                      06, you and Honker are opposites. ? No wonder you two argue a lot over at F&S. LMAO ?

Comment

After normally using 220s the 185s must have seemed like being on roller skates.

Comment

Once I saw North koreas bobsleigh team I was disgusted and gave up watching.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
                            Once I saw North koreas bobsleigh team I was disgusted and gave up watching.
                            Awesome ??

Comment

I tried to get in the beginner class as that was where all the girls were. After a day of watching the 8 of us ski the instructor led us all the way down for the next six days on ski's at the end of the day instead of riding down in the gondola. It took about a half hour of constant skiing to get down - best skiing of my life. Through the woods, across open spaces, along goat paths that were straight up on one side and straight down on the other. The instructor, Yule, was about 70 at that time. He taught skiing and taught mountain climbing in the summer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget