Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The JOB You have Today will it be their for you in 8 years from now or will Robots Do IT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JOB You have Today will it be their for you in 8 years from now or will Robots Do IT.

With all the new Hi-Tech stuff going on will you loose your JOB?? They have Robots fixing other Robots. Who will pay in to SS when it your turn to Retire??

Not everyone in our work force and country has the capacity to perform or acquire jobs that demand higher education. And since NAFTA and subsequent treaties have removed many of our manufacturing jobs from those without this needed education, jobs are going to be more difficult to find outside of high tech positions. And as older employees find their jobs being closed for whatever reasons, they will be hardest hit due to not having the time to become educated in other fields. There are already many warnings concerning the fact that SS will be in dire trouble by 2035 due to less people paying into it in order to cover those drawing against it. There are many people drawing SS that have never paid a dime into it, and this further speeds the decline of funds. The talk now is to lengthen the work years of employees in order to stretch the years that SS will survive. But some are even saying that this will not solve the problem for any length of time. Young people of today will all be required to have more education than those of several years ago. This education may be college, or it could be tech school training in jobs that require specific training to perform. I think your question Tree, is one that has many present workers concerned with, as well as younger people wondering just what field of employment to prepare for to meet the situation that you have brought up ! Since I am retired, it would be difficult for me to lose my position (job) but the SS will always be an issue to retired people. Good question Tree, should provide interesting answers !

Comment

I suppose a "bot" could be programmed to roll the "Mrs." out every morning with the gurgling of a Mr. Coffee going off at 6am.
      It would then move to my "chair", slurp coffee, watch TV and growl at the over paid, self aggrandizing gay Robin Roberts and "Little" Georgie S. do their morning anti Trump dog and pony show.
      Then take a stroll outside, leaving the door ajar on the way out, step in some sort of vile "poo" to track back in the house along with a fist full of sand or grit.
      Get the dog (115# Rotty!) excited then sit back down in the chair until lunch time!
      Yep! Maybe a "bot" COULD replace me!...it WOULD probably smell better! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
        Deleted...
        pighunter.
        I wanna tell you a story!
        My dad used to say, "When I retire, I'm gonna wet a hook in every lake in Texas!"
        He had a minor heart attack at age 60.
        Knowing he had WAY more time than needed (over 40 years seniority!) to retire, I asked him, "Dad, why don't you just retire?"
        He replied, "If I retire now, I pay 75% of my Medicare and the company pays 25%. If I work until I'm 61, the company pays 75% and I pay 25%."
        "I've got to work until I'm 61."
        He died of a massive heart attack one month prior to his 61st birthday!
        I made a promise to myself that day. The very instant I can retire....adios muchacho!
        Had I stayed and worked, i know I would be better off financially, but I would have been working rather than enjoy some of the experiences I've had and memories I've made!

Just think about the things you COULD be doing rather that work.
        (edit) Think of the time you could be spending with friends and family and just enjoying life.

BTW! My mother is 96 and still in good health...for being 96! LOL!

Comment

Deleted...
          75 is the new 55.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
            Not everyone in our work force and country has the capacity to perform or acquire jobs that demand higher education. And since NAFTA and subsequent treaties have removed many of our manufacturing jobs from those without this needed education, jobs are going to be more difficult to find outside of high tech positions. And as older employees find their jobs being closed for whatever reasons, they will be hardest hit due to not having the time to become educated in other fields. There are already many warnings concerning the fact that SS will be in dire trouble by 2035 due to less people paying into it in order to cover those drawing against it. There are many people drawing SS that have never paid a dime into it, and this further speeds the decline of funds. The talk now is to lengthen the work years of employees in order to stretch the years that SS will survive. But some are even saying that this will not solve the problem for any length of time. Young people of today will all be required to have more education than those of several years ago. This education may be college, or it could be tech school training in jobs that require specific training to perform. I think your question Tree, is one that has many present workers concerned with, as well as younger people wondering just what field of employment to prepare for to meet the situation that you have brought up ! Since I am retired, it would be difficult for me to lose my position (job) but the SS will always be an issue to retired people. Good question Tree, should provide interesting answers !
            What started me on this Question I watch a Robot working on a fellow Robot on a Jeep new car line Plant. Robot #1 plugs a line in to Robot #2 reads out the problem on #2 and starts the Repair in no time #2 is on line again working!?!...........wow

Comment

Deleted...
              If you "enjoy" what you're doing pighunter, go for it.
              Life is too short to dance with "ugly women"*!

*ugly women - crappy jobs, snotty bosses, give up precious time with family, friends or doing something YOU enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                Yeah, and neither robot threatened a strike for any reason either !

Comment

They've tried a couple times to replace me with a robot but the robots won't work that cheap. Had an ex girlfriend replace me with sort of a robot. Boy, I came out ahead on that deal.

Comment

As long as people keep eating my job is secure.

Comment

Let's see, today I did nothing all day, mainly because that's what I was doing yesterday and wasn't through at the end of the day and felt that I needed to prove that I'm no quitter. I'll start doing nothing again Monday after a day of rest. Tuesday, the weather will be good enough that I can temporarily stop doing nothing and go fishing, which activity will continue until the fish quit biting or the law says I have to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                        They've tried a couple times to replace me with a robot but the robots won't work that cheap. Had an ex girlfriend replace me with sort of a robot. Boy, I came out ahead on that deal.
                        Your Ex Girlfriend replaced you with a "vibrator"that's so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                          Let's see, today I did nothing all day, mainly because that's what I was doing yesterday and wasn't through at the end of the day and felt that I needed to prove that I'm no quitter. I'll start doing nothing again Monday after a day of rest. Tuesday, the weather will be good enough that I can temporarily stop doing nothing and go fishing, which activity will continue until the fish quit biting or the law says I have to stop.
                          Country! Your a GENT of Leisure....Guy like you never go out of style a sip of shine as the sun goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
                            As long as people keep eating my job is secure.
                            Well? With Drones herding cattle, Bots in the slaughterhouse and Driverless Trucks and Cars....it's only a matter of time!

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                              It's all ok. It replaced her with a vacuum ; )

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• New Things, Old Things
                                by fitch270
                                OL’s has had some good topics lately even if it is a bit slow here compared to some other sites. One of the things I’ve been noticing is even though...
                                Yesterday, 05:43 PM
                              • Birthday meal
                                by Amflyer
                                Oldest son turns 15 in a week or so. (Yeah, no outdoor stuff this year. He's getting a bass guitar. Bought himself a deer rifle after summer job anyway)...
                                10-04-2022, 02:16 PM
                              • ‘Twas the night before ….
                                by fitch270
                                the bow opener, and it’s chilli cook off night at church.

What could possibly go wrong?!?

😳🤢🙄

09-30-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • Deciding on Spot for First Day
                                by wesman24
                                Hello Everyone,

I currently have a spot set up on public land that is new to me this year. I did quite a bit of scouting in the area and...
                                09-29-2022, 02:15 PM
                              • What now?
                                by FirstBubba
                                PM'ing on another blog site with a gent.
                                I had lamented the fact that I have 20 gauge and 12 gauge MEC 600Jr loaders, but only shoot 16 gauge....
                                09-28-2022, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X