Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The JOB You have Today will it be their for you in 8 years from now or will Robots Do IT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by country road View Post
    Let's see, today I did nothing all day, mainly because that's what I was doing yesterday and wasn't through at the end of the day and felt that I needed to prove that I'm no quitter. I'll start doing nothing again Monday after a day of rest. Tuesday, the weather will be good enough that I can temporarily stop doing nothing and go fishing, which activity will continue until the fish quit biting or the law says I have to stop.
    Yep, I retired two years ago and have had no trouble at all adjusting to the new lifestyle. The job I had, portrait photographer, was pretty much going extinct due to the advances in digital photography and everybody having a phone with a camera in it. Commercial photography, in one form or another, should persevere if only to sell us better ways to take photos.

Comment

Let's see, today I did nothing all day, mainly because that's what I was doing yesterday and wasn't through at the end of the day and felt that I needed to prove that I'm no quitter. I'll start doing nothing again Monday after a day of rest. Tuesday, the weather will be good enough that I can temporarily stop doing nothing and go fishing, which activity will continue until the fish quit biting or the law says I have to stop.
      The neatest feature of retirement is getting up at the crack of noon.

Comment

I do nothing probably the best of all!

Comment

Doing nothing constructively, in order to avoid criticism from those who are imperfectly wired, is an art form that requires many years of practice, most of which must be done surreptitiously while engaged in supposedly constructive tasks. It's wonderful to be able to do it now, with my feet propped up and my belly hanging out. I keep thinking about the line from Jimmy Buffet, "...losing his hearing, but he don't care what most people say."

Comment

Sorry, this reply should be underneath Pighunter's comment. ?2???
            My father retired at 55 from the Mobil oil refinery and took a cut in his retirement pay.
            My mother and Father took a cruise to Alaska, flew to Disney World with family members, went to Ireland and other locations in Europe.
            They had no regrets and said they would do it again.
            RIP

Comment

I retired two & a half years ago from a stressful job ( Armed ATM Mechanic) out in the open most of the time. Ya get lucky some times work on an in-house unit. The advent of the ATM has put lots of people out of work & has closed meany banks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                Sorry, this reply should be underneath Pighunter's comment. ?2???
                My father retired at 55 from the Mobil oil refinery and took a cut in his retirement pay.
                My mother and Father took a cruise to Alaska, flew to Disney World with family members, went to Ireland and other locations in Europe.
                They had no regrets and said they would do it again.
                RIP
                My parents also had a house trailor near a lake after Dad retired, during the summer months.
                Full time on the lake was a lot better than driving down there back and forth inside traffic and being a weekend warrior. It's was safer not driving on Jersey roads.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                  Deleted...
                  Man, y'all seem to have it all programmed out. Me, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
                    As long as people keep eating my job is secure.
                    You're so encouraging.

In all seriousness, there's so many things that robots simply can't do when it comes to livestock that manual labor will always be necessary despite the tasks being performed by machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
                      As long as people keep eating my job is secure.
                      I wouldn't be too sure RA. Full automated Dairy barns have been up and going for a while. That being said, I'm not so foolish as to say there's no difference between ranching cattle and farming dairy, but I'd say you're "probably" safe.

Comment

I don't think so, but you can never be too sure. (see the link below)

Also, SS is pretty well doomed. There aren't enough babies being born, and not enough young people working to pay into the system. It will likely collapse before I can withdraw anything from it.

Comment

As of right now robots can only do half the job. The best job to have is working on the robots.

Comment

I'm not afraid, dude! I work as a software developer. I develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Also, supervise computer programmers. This job, practically, has no chance to be replaced by IT robots. Thank God I will have a job for the following ten years at least. Who is afraid, be a smart man, and learn programming, coding. I can recommend Cisco courses and you will thank me. The exam will seem easy if you take a loo on CCNP Dumps The provide real exam questions. You should prepare for them and got your Certificate.
                            Last edited by MichaelMurr; 09-03-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I don't even know if this is good or bad news! Even at my workplace, a few people got fired during the pandemic because the administration decided to invest in software that would do their job quicker and cheaper. Now everyone who is still working got a scope of work template and has to adapt it to each client. I understand that the company has to benefit a lot from it; but I am kinda worried that one day even this work will be done by the computer. So, I understand where you are coming from. Hopefully, VI will not get all of us unemployed!
                              Last edited by Marcheres; 04-26-2021, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Almost everything will be automated. Computer work with AI could have some ancillary jobs. Watch what trade schools are offering and read the business section of the newspaper. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dirty Thirty
                                  by Ernie
                                  This is BCG 308 Winchester XP-100, using a Remington Take-Off 308 Winchester barrel chopped to 15.8" Holland's Radial Baffle Brake, Leupold Mark...
                                  Yesterday, 12:56 PM
                                • 243 Odyssey & squirrel prep
                                  by dewman
                                  Went to youngest daughters graduation these last 3 days in Hannibal. (Masters from HLG). On the return trip stopped in a mom & pop convenience store....
                                  05-16-2022, 04:14 PM
                                • Angry Consumers Buy Bulk SMS Service Sneaking
                                  by shatikhatun
                                  Their complaints into the subconscious of other buyers and marking their purchase decisions Others may say that such comments are unhelpful, but your...
                                  05-10-2022, 03:43 AM
                                • Monday Already?
                                  by fitch270
                                  05-09-2022, 12:29 PM
                                • Laughing Hurts
                                  by fitch270
                                  I’m glad I saw Motley Crue 30+ years ago. This is both painful to watch and funny as he.. at the same time.

05-05-2022, 07:47 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X