X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Hang in there Natalie!

Hunting can be a hard thing to publish about. You'd basically have to travel year round, in order to get the kind of daily content that it takes to the numbers that Big Corps. want. Even then you'd be stymied by seasons, take limits, budget etc. Don't get discouraged though. You make quality product, you can do it!

Keep putting out the best quality stuff you can as often as you can!
    I believe in you! You go look at some of the YouTube Channels out there, like 1Rod1Reel, JonB, and LunkersTV.

It doesn't take much to get a presence these days and I'm sure you'd be raking in the subscribers / followers in no time.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
    Bonnier Company should sell their company, instead of downsizing their work force by seventeen percent.?
    I guess the rumors are true and someday they will be combining the two websites.
    It's nice to see your still with us Natalie.?
    Were you able to do any hunting or fishing this past fall? ?
    Natalie! You should have let me know you were up to Lake of the Woods. I was through there quite a bit. My daughter caught a whopping big tiger muskie down there this past summer. Shot my largest whitetail in Northern Idaho back in 1985. About two feet of snow and cold as hell. Beautiful country and great memories. Getting a nice muley in Montana was pathetically easy last fall. Saw hundreds. Pheasant hunting was the pits though.

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    Well...I suppose my timing to check back in is not the greatest. I'm glad you squeaked by for the time being, Natalie. Have always had a lot of respect for you, especially after you took time out of your day to check in on me(Not sure if you even remember that, but it meant a lot to me at the time). Sorry to hear so many of your co-workers got let go. Hopefully things get better for you and Bonnier Corp.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter
    Natalie, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'd wondered about the recent reduction in Blog postings. The old adage rings true once again, "The only thing that is constant is change." ~ Heraclitus

I'm glad you're still on staff and hope the reductions are over. I enjoy your work and the other's who write about 'Outdoor Life'. However, I was getting tired of the left leaning posts about public land in the Western US. Please tell me those kind of political articles will be part of the reduction.
    So very glad to read that public lands preservation will be a topic and matter that OL will continue to fight for and keep in the forefront as a public interest. As far as the overall general outdoor users are concerned, there is not much that is more important than the retention of land where they are able to enjoy their pursuits, keep up the good work !! And it has been sometime since you and I have conversed by e-mail Natalie, but I still recall the fine help that you gave me in my situation and the “thanks” have always been there !

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied
    Let's see if the third attempt to respond is the charm..
    No, I hadn't seen that. With few exceptions you put out a good product, so I'm sorry to hear some folks are gone. Glad to see you're hanging in there. But yeah, layoffs just suck.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Originally posted by Natalie Krebs_2 View Post
    Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it. Been a crappy few weeks. And to clarify, I squeaked by the layoffs so I'm still around—hence why I've still got access to this account. If anyone subscribes to print, you'll see a pretty big change with the next issue (fewer issues, more editorial pages, and better paper).
    Good news, Natalie.
    We feel like we have a friend on the inside.
    Best of luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Krebs_2
    replied
    Natalie, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'd wondered about the recent reduction in Blog postings. The old adage rings true once again, "The only thing that is constant is change." ~ Heraclitus

I'm glad you're still on staff and hope the reductions are over. I enjoy your work and the other's who write about 'Outdoor Life'. However, I was getting tired of the left leaning posts about public land in the Western US. Please tell me those kind of political articles will be part of the reduction.
    Thanks for the note Pighunter. I'll stay mostly out of the political fray here, but I will say that the editorial lineup is still going to cover public land issues. OL has always taken flak from our readers for all kinds of conservation and public land issues since we started—we were always reporting on and advocating things that weren't popular with a lot of readers. But we've sort of stuck to our guns on those issues, and I expect our editors will continue to do so. I'm sorry you're not enjoying those pieces, but I appreciate the feedback. We're never able to make all our readers happy or even remotely agree with us, but we need all kinds of feedback so we're not just creating an echo chamber in the editorial offices.

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Krebs_2
    replied
    Bonnier Company should sell their company, instead of downsizing their work force by seventeen percent.?
    I guess the rumors are true and someday they will be combining the two websites.
    Thanks Gary. A lot of other media companies have been for sale, but no one is buying. So I guess Bonnier didn't try that tact. And your mom sounds like she was a smart lady. I had a great fall—antelope hunting in Utah, some grouse hunting and walleye fishing near/on Lake of the Woods in Minnesota, and plenty (but still not enough) deer hunting: NY bow season, some solo winter camping in Idaho for whitetails, Wyoming whitetails, and Nebraska mule deer with my dad. Should've known such a good year wasn't going to last!

Leave a comment:

• Natalie Krebs_2
    replied
    Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it. Been a crappy few weeks. And to clarify, I squeaked by the layoffs so I'm still around—hence why I've still got access to this account. If anyone subscribes to print, you'll see a pretty big change with the next issue (fewer issues, more editorial pages, and better paper).

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied

We need habitat also for wildlife to live.
    Some NorthEastern states are turning into a concrete jungle. ?

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Tree, my mother would tell us, never quit your job, unless you have another job already lined up.
    She said "it's like square dancing, never let go of your dance partner, unless you have hold of another dance partner."
    I never forgot that.
    RIP Mom ??

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    I think Job hunting is a Bear out their.....Never burn Your Bridges!!

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Layoffs suck, even for those that get to stay on.
    Lots of emotions, esp uncertainty.
    Hang in there, no matter what happens good people land on their feet.
    Maybe not where planned, life is funny that way.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Natalie, thanks for always being there and helping when things were going sideways. I really enjoyed the 'look back' articles lately. I hope you are secure at OL but remember, if you are not, when one door closes another one opens.
    jhjimbo

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
    by CD2
    Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
    08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
  • TriggerTech installed
    by fitch270
    First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
    08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
  • Aquila ammo test
    by dewman
    Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
    Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
    08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
  • Show and Tell
    by Amflyer
    Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
    08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
  • College Orientation News
    by fitch270
    Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
    07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X