In case you missed it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case you missed it...

This isn't technically a question, although perhaps I should phrase it as such: Have you guys heard about Bonnier Corp. layoffs? Quick link included, because all of Bonnier USA was affected, but the gist of it is that the OL staff lost 3/6 of our editors right before SHOT Show. This affects the print magazine, and will result in another website migration to a different platform later on this year. We lost a lot of our print staff and development folks who were responsible for preserving the Answers/comments sections on our site, so I'm not sure what this means for our ever-smaller-growing website community. So FYI, I suppose. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, since I don't think Bonnier is announcing the individual brand changes in any formal capacity.

We live in world led no longer by our faith but rather $$$$$$$$. Whether they keep you Ms Krebs or release you, I hope you'll know in your heart that it wasn't about you, only $$$$, and that we users appreciated and enjoyed your content and your expert help. Very much. With respect to a true professional, God keep you and guide you. Dewman.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
      Natalie, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'd wondered about the recent reduction in Blog postings. The old adage rings true once again, "The only thing that is constant is change." ~ Heraclitus

I'm glad you're still on staff and hope the reductions are over. I enjoy your work and the other's who write about 'Outdoor Life'. However, I was getting tired of the left leaning posts about public land in the Western US. Please tell me those kind of political articles will be part of the reduction.
      I don't look on that as "left leaning" but rather hunting/fishing leaning. Preserving those public lands is the future of our sport. You may want to stick to a little tree stand on a fifteen acre lease for thousands of dollars a year and call it hunting, but others of us have seen the real thing and we want it preserved for future generations. The East where you live has been long squandered to private interests. I am glad that OL has focused on bringing those preservation issues to the forefront. They are also ultra-gun rights over here and you don't hear me squawking about that. It's another perspective and that's the best way for people to make informed decisions, not just throwing that other perspective out because you somehow view it as not falling in line with your narrow definition of what's politically correct. Try on non-partisan for a while. You might like the fit.

Comment

Natalie; You can pass along that the reason for the ever-smaller-growing website was due to some miscalculations in the previous redesigns. I hope the new platform addresses this but it doesn't sound promising if they've reduced what staff you had.

Wishing you well, you have been the only contact we could count on. Thank you for that.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, Natalie. We're glad you're there.

Comment

Sorry But it was only a matter of time. mags got smaller & thinner & the advent of hunting channels on TV/YouTube.....Good Luck in your New Job Nat.

Comment

Natalie, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'd wondered about the recent reduction in Blog postings. The old adage rings true once again, "The only thing that is constant is change." ~ Heraclitus

I'm glad you're still on staff and hope the reductions are over. I enjoy your work and the other's who write about 'Outdoor Life'. However, I was getting tired of the left leaning posts about public land in the Western US. Please tell me those kind of political articles will be part of the reduction.
              presumption - the act of believing that something is true without having any proof

Honk is the King Of Presumptions.
              If it doesn't fit the Honk's world, then it's for naught.

Comment

Honk the phoney is a legend in his own mind!

Comment

Natalie, thanks for always being there and helping when things were going sideways. I really enjoyed the 'look back' articles lately. I hope you are secure at OL but remember, if you are not, when one door closes another one opens.
                  jhjimbo

Comment

Layoffs suck, even for those that get to stay on.
                    Lots of emotions, esp uncertainty.
                    Hang in there, no matter what happens good people land on their feet.
                    Maybe not where planned, life is funny that way.

Comment

Bonnier Company should sell their company, instead of downsizing their work force by seventeen percent.?
                      I guess the rumors are true and someday they will be combining the two websites.
                      It's nice to see your still with us Natalie.?
                      Were you able to do any hunting or fishing this past fall? ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                        Bonnier Company should sell their company, instead of downsizing their work force by seventeen percent.?
                        I guess the rumors are true and someday they will be combining the two websites.
                        I think Job hunting is a Bear out their.....Never burn Your Bridges!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                          Tree, my mother would tell us, never quit your job, unless you have another job already lined up.
                          She said "it's like square dancing, never let go of your dance partner, unless you have hold of another dance partner."
                          I never forgot that.
                          RIP Mom ??

Comment

We need habitat also for wildlife to live.
                            Some NorthEastern states are turning into a concrete jungle. ?

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it. Been a crappy few weeks. And to clarify, I squeaked by the layoffs so I'm still around—hence why I've still got access to this account. If anyone subscribes to print, you'll see a pretty big change with the next issue (fewer issues, more editorial pages, and better paper).

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gun show today
                                by fitch270
                                Had another one of those close but not quite encounters today. One of the things I’m keeping an eye out for is a compact model rifle for my daughter...
                                08-14-2022, 09:45 PM
                              • Beater .44 mag
                                by CD2
                                My dad got this rig way back. And he shot the crap out of it. 255gr cast about all it ever ran and medium hot. All the time.

I inherited...
                                08-14-2022, 11:42 AM
                              • Eatin ‘chuck
                                by dewman
                                Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
                                08-13-2022, 07:19 PM
                              • Parallax adj
                                by CD2
                                Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • TriggerTech installed
                                by fitch270
                                First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                08-06-2022, 10:09 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X