Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's keep it as a question. Anyone else dread this time every year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Count me in. Busy at work as well, plus lousy weather mostly. What's just as frustrating is we've already planned about half the summer around the kids and various camps.
    Still, I'm planning on hitting the Harrisburg show and take advantage of whatever opportunities I can. Had a couple hours free Sunday afternoon and the sun was out. Took the boy and the dogs for a run up behind the house. Was rewarded nicely.
    Four years ago we'd have 3-5 cottontails in our yard every evening. Not so much the last couple, but they'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
      I'm to busy to dread this time of year. We're just getting started calving with twenty calves on the ground with 145 more due in the next 50-60 days. And on the warmer days we'll probably start checking fences around summer pastures.
      Any problems with calves and black buzzards Red?

Comment

Although I am still pheasant hunting with success, I definitely dread being "cooped up" this time of year. Cold temps bother me more than they used to. This time of year , I find myself looking to purchase a new firearm. I usually purchase a firearm in February, in fact nearly every February for more than twenty years. Also it is a time that spend at the reloading bench, taking inventory, upgrading equipment and other inside gun stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
          I always hate the time around SHOT show, I don't care about most of the new stuff they're putting out. The time of year itself isn't bad other than the cold. Got ducks till Saturday, most small game till the end of Feb at which time I have to leave for Arizona, hopefully returning to NC before turkey season closes.

Also as Gary stated, I enjoy downtime between seasons by heading out to the National Forest plus a couple smaller gamelands to scout. Especially right now when most animals are still moving like they were at the end of the season. Saw a lot of deer during bow season and the first 2 weeks of firearms. By mid November my sightings had dropped off severely and I'm looking to change that next year. Post-Thanksgiving was usually my favorite time of the hunting season back home.
          Red, I'm looking for one of those chainsaw bayonets they mentioned on USAToday. Looking to put one on my 30-30

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
            I always hate the time around SHOT show, I don't care about most of the new stuff they're putting out. The time of year itself isn't bad other than the cold. Got ducks till Saturday, most small game till the end of Feb at which time I have to leave for Arizona, hopefully returning to NC before turkey season closes.

Also as Gary stated, I enjoy downtime between seasons by heading out to the National Forest plus a couple smaller gamelands to scout. Especially right now when most animals are still moving like they were at the end of the season. Saw a lot of deer during bow season and the first 2 weeks of firearms. By mid November my sightings had dropped off severely and I'm looking to change that next year. Post-Thanksgiving was usually my favorite time of the hunting season back home.
            But I must say, I have seen some guns that pique my intrest, like the Mauser M18, the new Fox shotguns and the carbon fiber brownings

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget