Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cabin Fever Setting In With All That Bad Weather In Your Neck Of The Woods??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes and No. Yes get out of the house, One trip to the wood to burner to load is a very convincing He!! no.

Comment

Sat 11:00pm -1deg. Sun 32. Next Thurs possible 55deg.

Comment

No cabin fever here.
        I been going non stop on freeze ups on water pipes. It amazing what you can thaw out with a hand held electric hair dryer or a small Bernzomatic torch. ?
        I got so many calls I even passed a few over to my friend.
        I love when it gets down to zero. ?
        I need the money for my out-of-state Canadian bear hunt this year. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
          No cabin fever here.
          I been going non stop on freeze ups on water pipes. It amazing what you can thaw out with a hand held electric hair dryer or a small Bernzomatic torch. ?
          Is it true water heaters fail most during a freeze/thaw ? Someone at H-D told me that.

Comment

No cabin fever here.
            It a shame to make a buck on some ones Bad Luck:-(( But someone must do it!!

Comment

No cabin fever here.
              Tree, customers not having water working in their house can cause a major panic. ?
              When I walk up to their front door, these same folks in need, have a smile from ear to ear.
              If you asked them if it was worth it. They would say "yes every penny."
              BTW, the idiot contractors who install the pipes in the freezing cold outside wall caused the problem.
              I never install pipes in an outside wall unless, I have fiberglass insulation between the pipes and the wall.
              I also put armor flex pipe covering around the pipes. You could even install the pipes up from the floor, instead of the back wall.
              Handymen and fix-it guys do not think about the weather dropping down to zero, and a strong wind blowing against the outside wall.

Jimbo, water heaters last from 13 to 15 years. Here is a tip to make your water heater last 6 to 8 years longer.
              Once a year, get a bucket and open the bottom drain valve on the water heater removing a gallon of water.
              Rust builds up on the bottom of the WH over the years causing them to leak. Most people do not do that and when you drain their WH after 14 years a dark brown rusty water will empty out from the bottom.
              Here is a Denver plumbing link for you, on cold weather and water heaters.

http://plumbinghelptoday.com/denver-plumbing-repair-blog/2013/12/does-the-temperature-outside-effect-your-water-heater/

Comment

No cabin fever here.
                The second half of your post confused me, until I remembered your a plumber.

Comment

No cabin fever here.
                  Henry, workers on construction sites call electricians "Sparky".
                  You what they call plumbers? "Turd Divers" ?

Comment

Old thread but I am curious how it all ended.
                    I personally am a very pretentious person and for this reason, I took a conditioner so that when it is too hot or cold, it saves me.
                    Recently it broke down and I had to turn to socool.sg and they helped me a lot.
                    I don't know what to do if I didn't find a good company to fix it. It is essential for me to always have a conditioner.
                    Last edited by MichaelMurr; 09-08-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                      by CD2
                      Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                      08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                    • TriggerTech installed
                      by fitch270
                      First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                      08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                    • Aquila ammo test
                      by dewman
                      Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                      Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                      08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                    • Show and Tell
                      by Amflyer
                      Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                      08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                    • College Orientation News
                      by fitch270
                      Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                      07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X