Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cabin Fever Setting In With All That Bad Weather In Your Neck Of The Woods??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Cabin Fever Setting In With All That Bad Weather In Your Neck Of The Woods??

What Are You Doing To Off Set The Fever & Keeping Warm??

No cabin fever as we have no snow on the ground and still much to be done outside. Doing it at a slow pace though, not getting in any hurry. Not hunting much if any right now, enjoying the bounty of previous hunts and have that post holiday lag. Don't have any hunting-fishing-shooting planned but always a chance the phone will ring with one of my friends or family. Rabbits with beagles going strong now but I haven't caught the itch to tag along yet so have been declining invitations.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
      No cabin fever as we have no snow on the ground and still much to be done outside. Doing it at a slow pace though, not getting in any hurry. Not hunting much if any right now, enjoying the bounty of previous hunts and have that post holiday lag. Don't have any hunting-fishing-shooting planned but always a chance the phone will ring with one of my friends or family. Rabbits with beagles going strong now but I haven't caught the itch to tag along yet so have been declining invitations.
      You have what's none as the New Years Blues.....just like so many others, they will soon drift off;-))

Comment

Fl, deer season runs till the 18th of Jan, I'm just looking for Mr. BIG no one in camp has taken him down yet a big 12pt+, That mite make Woods&Water deer of the year??....Good Luck PH;-))

Comment

Ten below here last night, been at zero for about 2 weeks. Not much that pulls me out in this weather, even too cold for ice fishing ? in my small Clam, but the urge will hit me sooner or later and I will drag my butt out there and be a human popsickle ! Only small game (bunnies) open here now, and after watching them grow up around the house in the summer and fall, don’t have the heart to shoot the little buggers ! Good time now for reading and keeping up with the exploits of you more active guys. Hope you all have fantastic luck in whatever !

Comment

Packin up heading out,southbound,intercostal fishing which I have little experience,maybe a hop over to ocochobie ,I fished out of Clewiston a lot years ago ,in winter laid off from construction ,I worked the horse tracks in Miami in the a.m ,and fish the big lake

Comment

I put off a lot of my inside house work during the summer for times like this so, I am busy.
              Also, this is the time I clean all my firearms, even if I have not used them. I do 1 or 2 a day. After this, they get a cleaning again in July.
              Jist placed an order with Brownells for some cleaning supplies and I also bought some 9mm protection rounds. I am going with 147gr HP by SIG. On sale right now for $14.00 and free shipping if order over $50.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                Deleted...
                200 45/70 cases is a lifetime supply. I use the basic Hornady 350grFP and IMR4198 powder and shoot them in my NEF. Very good accuracy and way much power. I won't list my load, suffice it to say I never reached a point when I had excess pressure signs. Really a lot of unnecessary power for me so I got a .44mag barrel for the NEF for whitetails. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                  Ten below here last night, been at zero for about 2 weeks. Not much that pulls me out in this weather, even too cold for ice fishing ? in my small Clam, but the urge will hit me sooner or later and I will drag my butt out there and be a human popsickle ! Only small game (bunnies) open here now, and after watching them grow up around the house in the summer and fall, don’t have the heart to shoot the little buggers ! Good time now for reading and keeping up with the exploits of you more active guys. Hope you all have fantastic luck in whatever !
                  We all Thank You......;-))

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                    Packin up heading out,southbound,intercostal fishing which I have little experience,maybe a hop over to ocochobie ,I fished out of Clewiston a lot years ago ,in winter laid off from construction ,I worked the horse tracks in Miami in the a.m ,and fish the big lake
                    I hunter Turkey in Clewiston by the old clewiston Air Port.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      I put off a lot of my inside house work during the summer for times like this so, I am busy.
                      Also, this is the time I clean all my firearms, even if I have not used them. I do 1 or 2 a day. After this, they get a cleaning again in July.
                      Jist placed an order with Brownells for some cleaning supplies and I also bought some 9mm protection rounds. I am going with 147gr HP by SIG. On sale right now for $14.00 and free shipping if order over $50.
                      Smart man jimbo with the 147gr 9mm round.

Comment

No cabin fever for me. We only received about an inch of snow on Christmas Eve, so other than the cold there's nothing keeping me inside and it hasn't been very effective. In between feeding cows, cutting wood, and putting cows back where they belong I've been staying relatively busy.
                        We're on a warming trend this weekend, with today being the first day we've been above freezing since Dec 21, and daytime highs should be up into the 40's and 50's midweek.
                        Tomorrow could be interesting as there's rain in the forecast for the morning, with temperatures in the low to mid twenties.

Comment

It's supposed to be up in the teens tomorrow -- even the wind chill is supposed to be above zero by a degree or two -- so I might go out for grouse and cottontails for a couple hours in the afternoon. After that, smooth sailing for a while, temperatures in the high twenties, thirties, and a couple days that are supposed to even hit forty.

Comment

It is a small world treestand,people think those big snakes. Just showed up in the last few years,someone had killed a big one and hung it up right there at Robin Martins Marina,late 80,S

Comment

Roland
                              Martin

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                                by CD2
                                Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • TriggerTech installed
                                by fitch270
                                First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                              • Aquila ammo test
                                by dewman
                                Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                              • Show and Tell
                                by Amflyer
                                Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                              • College Orientation News
                                by fitch270
                                Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                                07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X