Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Best Cold Weather Drink to Stay Warm??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Best Cold Weather Drink to Stay Warm??

Hot Coffee, Hot Coco with?, Soup What kind, Hot Butter Rum, Jack & ??, Brandy??

I enjoy Hot Butter Rum, made with Captain Morgan Spicy Rum on our cool winter nights. Coffee during the day.

Comment

I enjoy coffee, medium or medium light roast. On occasion I'll mix some hot cocoa into my coffee.

Comment

I'm not supposed to drink but one cup of coffee a day, and I want it in the morning. For a warming drink, I like a cup of bullion, chicken or beef.

Comment

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups, alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

Comment

I drink coffee, usually dark roast and pretty strong, throughout the day. Caffeine's never bothered me (I could drink a cup of coffee an hour before bed and still fall right to sleep, the only problem being the pee-factor later on), though I admit that my mood pretty much depends on it. Usually I have at least one cup of green tea or black tea every day, too; I buy fairly expensive green tea but with the black, plain old cheap Red Rose is still my preferred brand. I do believe in the health benefits of tea; you look at Asian cultures and all the fatty-spicy food, all the smoking, and yet their cancer and heart-disease numbers are way lower than ours. It's gotta be the tea. Plus I just plain love the stuff. As for other drinks, I never did get into the booze-and-coffee concoctions. Once in a while I'll get out the baker's chocolate and confectionery sugar and make real old-fashioned hot cocoa. That hits the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
              I drink coffee, usually dark roast and pretty strong, throughout the day. Caffeine's never bothered me (I could drink a cup of coffee an hour before bed and still fall right to sleep, the only problem being the pee-factor later on), though I admit that my mood pretty much depends on it. Usually I have at least one cup of green tea or black tea every day, too; I buy fairly expensive green tea but with the black, plain old cheap Red Rose is still my preferred brand. I do believe in the health benefits of tea; you look at Asian cultures and all the fatty-spicy food, all the smoking, and yet their cancer and heart-disease numbers are way lower than ours. It's gotta be the tea. Plus I just plain love the stuff. As for other drinks, I never did get into the booze-and-coffee concoctions. Once in a while I'll get out the baker's chocolate and confectionery sugar and make real old-fashioned hot cocoa. That hits the spot.
              The Asian cultures get stomach cancer at twice the rate of the general population in the U.S.
              Just sayin.'

Comment

?? I like to drink tomato soup or chicken broth to warm me up at home. ?
                I like Coffee or chicken soup in the ice cold bear woods. ??

Comment

I would think that any hot drink that would warm the inner core of one’s body would be satisfactory. But the reports that I have seen claim alcohol is a poor source of body warmth as it constricts the blood vessels and limits blood flow, and of course the better our blood flow, the warmer we are, especially to the outer extremities of our bodies. I myself have no favorite hot drink, but there have been times when I was so cold, I would not have been able to even hold something to drink because of shivering too much. Maybe I do need a favorite after all, eh ?

Comment

I ,m a bit to wise to nip at alcohol thinking it will warm me up, one leads to two and so forth.End of the day kicked back a cup of bourbon to sip on (Woodford Reserve,do your self a favor and give it a test). Throughout the day my choice is chili ,hot chili

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                      I would think that any hot drink that would warm the inner core of one’s body would be satisfactory. But the reports that I have seen claim alcohol is a poor source of body warmth as it constricts the blood vessels and limits blood flow, and of course the better our blood flow, the warmer we are, especially to the outer extremities of our bodies. I myself have no favorite hot drink, but there have been times when I was so cold, I would not have been able to even hold something to drink because of shivering too much. Maybe I do need a favorite after all, eh ?
                      Shivering is the body response to the onset of hypothermia.
                      As the body temp lowers, the blood flow to the extremities is automatically reduced. The body will preserve it's core temperature at all costs so it is willing to sacrafice the arms and legs. The brain is the last organ to be saved
                      as the body temperature cascades lower.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                        I ,m a bit to wise to nip at alcohol thinking it will warm me up, one leads to two and so forth.End of the day kicked back a cup of bourbon to sip on (Woodford Reserve,do your self a favor and give it a test). Throughout the day my choice is chili ,hot chili
                        I like 10 year old Ancient Age.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                          The tea in the Middle East is called Cay (pronounced chi) , is so strong you could stand a stirrer in it. It is served about 3 oz at a time.
                          As for coffee, I drink it all day up to 7PM. I perk it in a Corning Pyrex so I can watch it brew and get it just to the strength I like.
                          In the ski lodge we would get hot apple cider, however, if we were really doing some serious skiing we really did not get cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                            ?? I like to drink tomato soup or chicken broth to warm me up at home. ?
                            I like Coffee or chicken soup in the ice cold bear woods. ??
                            The fastest way to warm up is to take a bath - add in some Epsom Salt. This promotes circulation in the legs and also good for the butt and prostrate. Everybody should take a hot bath at least 3 times a week in the winter to promote good circulation. Showers do nothing to promote circulation.

Comment

I love my coffee, but when hunting I prefer hot chocolate. Doesn't make me pee as much.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget