What would you have done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you have done?

Here is a picture of my neighbor, who is a big animal rights activist and protests bear hunting to the point of hunter harassment.
    I passed this sight yesterday while walking my dog, so I took a picture and walked on.
    I hope he made out okay.
    Attached Files

Well, as much as it hits close to the bone for us, an animal-rights stance is still just a political stance, and unless you're in the SS or the KKK, your political viewpoints don't warrant bodily harm. Different story if his harassment involves actual bodily threat to hunters -- but there and then would be the time to respond to that. In this situation, I'd help the guy out. (Might be that I'd let him hang for a few more minutes while I explained the concept of conservation to him, and maybe told him how tasty my venison steaks were for breakfast, but I'd get around to rescuing him at some point.)

Comment

Damn Matt, you are no fun at all, you make too much sense !! There are not too many times one finds these situations, it is almost like a wonderful stocking stuffer. But I did like your little conversation tid-bit though ! Best Wishes !

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
        Well, as much as it hits close to the bone for us, an animal-rights stance is still just a political stance, and unless you're in the SS or the KKK, your political viewpoints don't warrant bodily harm. Different story if his harassment involves actual bodily threat to hunters -- but there and then would be the time to respond to that. In this situation, I'd help the guy out. (Might be that I'd let him hang for a few more minutes while I explained the concept of conservation to him, and maybe told him how tasty my venison steaks were for breakfast, but I'd get around to rescuing him at some point.)
        After the way that the KKK treated Joey Ramone, I don't care what happens to their members.

Comment

In the event I happened across such a situation my first thought would probably be to retreat a safe distance so as to inconspicuously observe the results. My second thought and, quite honestly, the one I'd most likely act on, would be to lend a helping hand and demonstrate that we hunters aren't the merciless killers animal rights activists make us out to be.

Comment

Actually, this is a joke. That is a dummy hanging by the rain gutter.
            I posted this hoping to get a rise out of Gary Devine before it went too far.
            You guys are good sports.

Comment

double post!

Comment

I call B.S.!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                  I call B.S.!
                  Good call, Bubba.
                  I guess we were typing at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                    Ring me, ring me, ring me, the President; to find out where my baby went! God, they're all gone now, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      Actually, this is a joke. That is a dummy hanging by the rain gutter.
                      I posted this hoping to get a rise out of Gary Devine before it went too far.
                      You guys are good sports.
                      Nothing is posting for me today. ??

Comment

A video on facebook has a female LEO trying to take down a much bigger guy and having a hard time. She does keep at it but just can not complete the take down. A by stander tackles the guy. Question: would you help a LEO who is in trouble ??

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                          A video on facebook has a female LEO trying to take down a much bigger guy and having a hard time. She does keep at it but just can not complete the take down. A by stander tackles the guy. Question: would you help a LEO who is in trouble ??
                          Absolutely, esp. when I am armed, which is almost always when I am not at home. I also carry pepper spray for less-than-lethal applications.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                            I call B.S.!
                            Like Devine, some stuff posted, quite a bit didn't!
                            I posted the same thing 3 times! LOL!
                            1) the guy looks "flat"
                            2) no signs of "struggle"
                            3) that has to be one hellishly stout rain gutter to not at least sag where he's holding on!

Oh well! I'll probably never replace Insp. Closeau!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                              Yep. Nice story: Several years ago, a few of our local teenagers rescued a cop who was getting the living hell beat out of him in a parking lot where the kids were hanging out. I knew that cop and he was no cream-puff, but the crook was a really big guy and blitzed out of his mind on meth or something. Funny thing was, those kids were kind of rough-edged themselves, the kind you probably wouldn't want to see your own kid hanging out with ... but they were not going to stand for some dirtbag working over one of our officers. The consensus was, they very well might have saved his life. The P.D. gave them a nice little award ceremony later that year.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget