Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday trivia....

What do you call a group of Eagles ?

The FL Eagles are about a week old and are doing good. They do bonk one another from time to time but I guess that is natural for siblings. Romeo and Juliet are great parents and keep the babies supplied with all kinds of food. They are about 1/2 mile from the Intercoastal Waterway. All the Eaglets do is eat and sleep and grow real fast. These two are number 18 and 19 that this pair have raised from this nest. Although 100' up in a tree they do routinely get attacked by an owl.
    Eagles are thought to have evolved from reptiles 140 to 65 million years ago. I would have guessed dinosours. They have been around in their present form for about 1 million years.

Trivia: What is a group of Eagles called ? A convocation.

Here is the link for the FL Eagles live 24/7 streaming cameras, the D.C. cameras with Mr. P and TFL will start January 1. (Mr. President and The First Lady).
    http://nefleaglecam.org/

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      The FL Eagles are about a week old and are doing good. They do bonk one another from time to time but I guess that is natural for siblings. Romeo and Juliet are great parents and keep the babies supplied with all kinds of food. They are about 1/2 mile from the Intercoastal Waterway. All the Eaglets do is eat and sleep and grow real fast. These two are number 18 and 19 that this pair have raised from this nest. Although 100' up in a tree they do routinely get attacked by an owl.
      Eagles are thought to have evolved from reptiles 140 to 65 million years ago. I would have guessed dinosours. They have been around in their present form for about 1 million years.

Here is the link for the FL Eagles live 24/7 streaming cameras, the D.C. cameras with Mr. P and TFL will start January 1. (Mr. President and The First Lady).
      That is too hard to remember Jimbo. I would find it easier just to say a bunch of big birds.

Comment

They are facinating birds. The more I learn about them... for instance their body temp is 106deg, they have to keep the eggs at 105. During the East Coast blizzard that hit Washington, Mr. P came in the nest and covered over TFL to help keep her warm and they both were covered over with a few inches of snow. All you could see were their heads. The eggs hatched fine. The way they do that is loose feathers on their front and the blood vessels move closer to their skin to transmit heat better to the eggs. Maybe other birds do that to, I don't know. I just think it is amazing and like to watch them raise the little ones.

Comment

They are called a "Team", with the best record (12 and 2) in the NFL.
          Jimbo, I had to this. LMAO
          Attached Files

Comment

I don’t think there are too many other birds that lay their eggs during the winter months. All songs birds are summer egg layers and thus would seem to enjoy a better hatch survival ! It would be interesting to learn which other birds also havn’t figured out the easier route yet ! There must be a reason for this seemingly odd time of hatching for Eagles ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
              They have one more game to play against Dallas.
              Zeke Elliott and Sean Lee will be back in the lineup for Dallas, and Carson Wentz is out for the season for the Eagles with a torn ACL.

Comment

99, that game will be played in Philadelphia with the twelfth man, those screaming home fans.
                Philly is undeated at home this year.
                If the birds clinch the NFC home field advantage next week, that Cowboy game will not be needed, therefore they will have their starters sitting on the bench.
                Why injure a prime starting player in a game that means nothing?

Comment

The Cowboys beat Oakland last night, 20-17, so they are still in the chase.

Comment

They have come back so well here in Central New York, it's almost as common to see them as redtail hawks. Both of the rivers I fish frequently have at least one nesting pair year after year. A real treat to see them, no matter how often.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                      They have come back so well here in Central New York, it's almost as common to see them as redtail hawks. Both of the rivers I fish frequently have at least one nesting pair year after year. A real treat to see them, no matter how often.
                      I remember when Montezuma Wildlife Area was down to 1 nesting pair of adult Eagles in the '60's. DDT was the cause of their egg shells being to thin and breaking. N.Y. traded some trout for some eagles with I think it was Minn. Students from Cornell University set up volunteers 24/7 to watch the nesting pair in case an eaglet would fall out. They would take it to the school and feed it with a puppet on their hand that looked like a eagle so it did not imprint on a human. The program was a success and, one by one nesting pairs were brought back.

Comment

So far this year I have watched, maybe, 20min of football. It is amazing how many other things I got done around the house in the free time.

Comment

Cowboys play the Seahawks this weekend. Seahawks are coming off of a Rams a$$ whooping defeat.
                          Seahawks should be loaded for Bear this weekend and the loser of this game is out of the playoff hunt.
                          The 8-6 Cowboys need a lot of help because the Saints, Falcons and Panthers are 10-6 with two games remaining.
                          99, you need to get down on your knees and say a few prayers to the Lord almighty. ??
                          There is always next year, if Cowboys running back Elliott can stay out of trouble.
                          Fly Eagles Fly. ?

Comment

Oops, Falcons are 9-5. Sorry

Comment

Ten wild card teams have made it to the Super Bowl, and seven of them have won the Super Bowl.
                              Where there is life there is hope.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget